Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Sunspot Scoops
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Find a Hunting Buddy

Notices

Old 05-20-2010, 09:13 PM

Default Emery PArk

We can try Emery Park Rob has a place there that has some barbers. Close not to far Good place to go before the kids get out of school.

Ok Some one pick a day and time..

Old 05-21-2010, 03:42 PM

I am originally from Chautauqua County and am now more in Central NY, out in Weedsport. Would be interested in getting together as well. Used my dads detector as a kid but just getting into the hobby...

Old 05-27-2010, 12:02 PM
Elite Member

Anyone avaliable on Monday(Memorial day)???? I have the day off and im rdy to dig!

Old 05-27-2010, 12:58 PM

Default State forests...

Originally Posted by E-Bucky View post
Lets all get togather and find a nice location to detect. Lets pic a state forest, farmers Field or an unknown site with permission of the owners. I know of none !!! Zoar VAlley, found a lot of silver there. An apple orchard peach or grape field are all good places to detect. Fort Niagara 1-4 miles out from fort on private property would be good. Emery Park, Chestnut Ridge or another large part will do just fine. Just some ideas. We can meet, have lunch , and just have an all around good time.. Rob ... could be in charge of making this happen .. I think we all should send Rob a nice e-mail for setting this up and making it happen. Jim
State forests and all state lands in NYS are off limits to detecting. A big group like this would be bound to draw some attention from the rangers. Bad news.

Best to stick to private property w/ permission (ppwp).

HH

Old 05-27-2010, 03:02 PM
Elite Member

There is state land in NY u can Hunt..Allegany park is one site,just have to buy a permit. As far as state forest..You can detect,but you cannot take anything u find with you.That includes junk or relics,or coins.I called the NY state DEC and thats what I was told.Not alot of fun detecting if u have to leave it there lol.I guess filming the find would be better than not finding it at all.The rule is foolish and the person I spoke with said the same thing.The stuff is rotting away in the ground why leave it.Lets try to find a larger older park or some private land.

Old 05-27-2010, 05:05 PM

Default This is what

Man I wish I could be there!!! someone better video tape it and post it on youtube so I can see it..LOL good luck guys and have a great Memorial day!

Old 05-27-2010, 07:11 PM

Good luck to all maybe I'll see ya there HH

Old 06-06-2010, 09:43 PM
Elite Member

I found a great spot with Lots of Room and still some silvers and wheaties.Its in Erie county about 10 or 15 miles south of buffalo(Ill name the site when its time .Are you folks still interested in getting togther for a Hunt?If so lets pick a day ,Pack a lunch and meet up.

Old 06-06-2010, 09:53 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by NiagracountyNY View post
I found a great spot with Lots of Room and still some silvers and wheaties.Its in Erie county about 10 or 15 miles south of buffalo(Ill name the site when its time .Are you folks still interested in getting togther for a Hunt?If so lets pick a day ,Pack a lunch and meet up.
Sounds good to me! June 19th would be a good day for me, but I'll try to make it work whenever. Thanks for putting this out there!

Old 06-14-2010, 02:22 PM
Elite Member

No other replies? That's kind of a bummer... I'd love to head out the Buffalo way to meet some other uptate folks. I hope something comes together!

Old 06-14-2010, 08:29 PM

I'm from across the border but hunt near Fort Erie quite often. I'll make the drive over if something comes together

Last edited by trainermick; 06-14-2010 at 08:30 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 06-15-2010, 12:16 AM

Default Mini Swinger

Anyone heard from Mini Swinger?
She was very active for a while, now no post for almost two months.
I would like to meet her sometime.

Old 06-15-2010, 01:37 AM

If something gets put together i'm in.

Old 06-15-2010, 11:23 PM

Default NY Hunters

I am from Syracuse, NY...I had relatives that lived in Hilton, NY...I have detected near a few creeks and the Gennesee River out that way before..This was about 15 years ago, and used some old big box of a detector with 100 knobs...lol

Robert

Old 07-15-2010, 06:10 PM

Hey all, new member here.

Just received my new Tesoro Silver U Max in the mail today. Local to the Amherst, NY area and would like to hear from some other local MD'ers Any one have advice on good places to start hunting for a beginner?

Also if there are any upcoming meets I would be very interested in getting together for a group hunt.

Thanks,

-Christian

Old 07-15-2010, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by bobabbey View post
Anyone heard from Mini Swinger?
She was very active for a while, now no post for almost two months.
I would like to meet her sometime.
Have not heard from Mini Swinger or Mr. Krayola in a while...a get together would be great as I am itchin to try out My new Virgin 10 x 12" EXcelerator S.E.F. Coil !!

Old 07-16-2010, 10:14 AM
Elite Member

I hunted with Mini swingers Husband a few weeks back.Shes doing fine I'm sure she will be posting soon.Its been so hot here I dont think many of us are out digging.Welcome to the forum s52.Id be glad to go out and do a Hunt with ya sometime.Im not far from amherst,20-25 min away.Lets test that New coil out Freeze.Maybe the 3 of us or whoever wants to go can hit a park out your way.

Old 07-20-2010, 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by NiagracountyNY View post
I hunted with Mini swingers Husband a few weeks back.Shes doing fine I'm sure she will be posting soon.Its been so hot here I dont think many of us are out digging.Welcome to the forum s52.Id be glad to go out and do a Hunt with ya sometime.Im not far from amherst,20-25 min away.Lets test that New coil out Freeze.Maybe the 3 of us or whoever wants to go can hit a park out your way.
That'd be great! Let me know when and where you would like to set something up. Thanks for the welcome!

-S52

Old 07-22-2010, 12:53 AM
Elite Member

Im game on most sat and some days during the week.Its been so hot and dry I havent been out.just got some rain today our way.How about your way?

Old 07-22-2010, 01:45 PM

Default Your right.....

It has been hot thats for sure niagara but like a fool i have been out, trying to stay under the shade and its so hot I'm still sweating a ton. I'd be interested in a hunt at some point, I've been out every day this week I'm out of work right now so I'm game whenever. Mostly been sticking to Emery seeing as it's close to me finding a few wheats but nothing overly notable. Let me know what you come up with. Thanks in advance HH