cleaning clad coins in a coin tumbler

buckeye

the best way i have found to clean CLAD-COINS is to get a couple of the bar buddy tablets. these look like big white pills that most bars (pubs) use to clean their beer glasses and mugs or drinking glasses. take and put one pill in with your 2/3 rds sand mixture and some water in your tumbler and tumble your clad coins for about 6 hours!! after that.........take the lid off of the tumbler jar and rinse your sand and coin's with warm water and pour the water out. then pour the sand and coins onto a old towel and let the coins and sand dry for a good day. your clad coins will break away from the sand very easy after drying and will be nice and clean to spend again!!! this is how i have allway's cleaned my old dirty clad to make it spendable (new looking) again. it work's very well. you wont be disappointed!! :yes:

I normally use Dish Soap and water. Leave them in there for six hours tops and you got shiny coins.

I haven't been real happy with the dish soap cleaning. Where do you get these bar buddy tablets??

bar buddy's

hello, don. i allways just ask the bar-maid or bar tender to give me a couple when i needed them but.........i think you could ask a bar owner where to purchase them or if he could get some for you. they work really well and clean up your dirty clad coins really nice. give them a try if ya get the chance. you will really like the job they do! :yes:

I work in a bar. I'll ask the owner, who is into all this stuff too, about those tablets.

I use Hartz Corn Cob Bedding and a couple caps full of NU Finish car polish. Clad cleans up great. The Corn Cob Bedding you can get at Wal Mart

Ive always ued fish tank gravel, ivery, and water. The corn cob interests me. You say you get it at wally world? In the pet department? When it comes to wheats im looking for a method that isnt as harsh on them in a tumbler. Do you use water with the corncob and are they reusable.

Dew

I tried dish soap last night, and the coins come out foggy and illegible.....need a new method

I do palm olive dish soap, cause that's what is in the house, pea gravel, and water. Two hours in the new tumbler I bought and they are clean enough to see all you need to see.

Back
Top Bottom