Travel out of country.

Samd007

Hi everyone,

I will be heading to Puerto Rico in Feb and BVI in May. I have never travelled with my MD. I have an Excal and a Equinox 800 and was not sure about what to bring. Do you disassemble the unit and bring it as a carry on or check it? My scoops are both metal and wonder if a plastic one would make the trip. I am currently looking into rules and regulations.

Thanks so much!

But BVI is not! Thanks for all of the metal detecting information....it really helped

samd007 : There has been no shortage of posts , from people posting bantering about commercial flights and detectors. Eg.: check on or carry on. Lithium batteries, blah blah blah blah.

I'm sure a key-word search, in the search box of this forum, will bring up scores of those posts.

I've broke down at pro and cz21 and put them in a suitcase wrapped them in clothes for protection put a note saying what they are so airport workers don't get scared puerto rico should be no problem bvi could try to charge you duty bahamas charges my friends duty on tools when they go there to work

Unless they are total Newbs, they know what your bringing with you. If it will fit in the overhead...put it there. If not, put in the check-in. They may not like the batteries, but metal detectors going to the islands is normal.

Back
Top Bottom