Looking to get a new shovel, what should I go with?

This may not make any difference to say but a shovel to me are shovels, used by pushing down on it with your feet. Had tools are just diggers. Many peeps do seem to call them shovels. That confuses me, and I think it de-focuses when asking for "actual" shovel advice. jm2c

This may not make any difference to say but a shovel to me are shovels, used by pushing down on it with your feet. Had tools are just diggers. Many peeps do seem to call them shovels. That confuses me, and I think it de-focuses when asking for "actual" shovel advice. jm2c

well the metal detecting shovels we all refer to are actual shovels you use your foot to push them into the ground and yes they are a shovel just a specialized shovel for metal detecting but i have used some of the ones I have had to do more than just dig while metal detecting

You can call them what ever you prefer but to me they have always been known as a shovel

I have the Predator model 69 (The Spike) and the model 76 (Intrepid). The Spike is great for packing in/out of places and cuts a nice smaller plug and I get more leverage with it in my crappy red clay soil than my hand digger. Have to kneel down to use it though.

The Intrepid is solely for the wooded areas. It is a bit on the heavy side.

I just ordered the StuLine shovel from KellyCo which appears to be very similar to the White's Ground Hawg (discontinued). It should be here early next week. If its lighter than the Intrepid, it may replace it for hunting in the woods.

I wanted something small and inconspicuous. I can hang it on the handle of my screwdriver and it will lay at the side of my leg. I got this small shovel at ACE.

Attachments

• MD-Tools.jpg
    MD-Tools.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 306
I'm planning on getting a Lesche Sampson. In part because I have Lesche hand digger that has been unbreakable despite years of use, but also because I find the overly aggressive names of some of these shovels just silly. It's a dumb reason not to like them, but I don't need a slayer or killer or predator, etc. It's a freaking shovel, not a murder weapon.

Shovel

I like a landscaper's shover. The one with a narrow blade but long used to dig irrigation pipe ditches with a "D" handle. The blade may be too long, so I cut it on same angle/shape, at about 12 inches. I love mine. "D" handle is a lot better than the "T" handle in my opinion.
HH everyone

I'm planning on getting a Lesche Sampson. In part because I have Lesche hand digger that has been unbreakable despite years of use, but also because I find the overly aggressive names of some of these shovels just silly. It's a dumb reason not to like them, but I don't need a slayer or killer or predator, etc. It's a freaking shovel, not a murder weapon.

Love mine.

Predator tools Ultra Eagle is the one I use. I believe it to be the best size blade and handle length. Well worth the money.

Back
Top Bottom