1970 S penny, Small or Large, help

It's the common large date. The curl/loop of the "9" needs to point to the center of the "7". Also, this "9" will have a pointy tip on the loop. The large date ones have a blunt/square tip. Another thing to look for is the "7" will have a shorter "leg". This meaning that it WILL NOT go below the bottom of the "0". You can easily see the "7" is lower than the "0" on your example.

Once you find one and hold it in your hand, the difference is like night and day.

I went through 1,000's before finding only one. The "7" looks so different after you see both. Books are no help. You need to compare one to the other with your own eyes.

Sometimes the "7" will fool you. But always go back to the "9". You need a "pointy" inner loop that points to the center of the "7". If you think you might have a good "9", I always rotate the penny watching where the loop points. Sometimes coins are worn or damaged but when you turn the coin, most of the time....it points to the bottom of the "7".:no:

Hope this helps.

Here's the one I found last year. Looked at thousands to find one....and it was a decent one. Look at the loop of the "9" and look how the "7" looks different.

I need help also!!

Can you please tell me if you think these are large or small?

Thanks,

Attachments

• photo-17.jpg
    photo-17.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 355
  • photo-16.jpg
    photo-16.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 348
Back
Top Bottom