Hunting ball parks

RollTide

Do any of you actually hunt the playing field in ball parks or would it be a waste of time? I am kinda reluctant to do this because I'm afraid that someone might trip where I have dug. Although I do make every effort to put the plug back as it was but sometimes it doesn't fill back up level with the surrounding turf.

Thanks,
Steve

I hunt around the outside areas most times..I also don't want to leave a hole...but a few weeks back I did walk accross the infield part and dug up a Woodrow Wilson Presidental token at about 5 inches..you never know...Buster......:D

my best luck is behind the dugouts or any obvious path to concession stands. Have actually had quite a bit of luck finding clad at ball fields. i've never even tried the field itself.

where I live, we aren't allowed to metal detect any actual sports field, which makes a lot of sense. There isn't likely to be much out there anyway.

I hunt the outside of the fields and never have had any issues. The plugs in this soil look great and once you turn around you can't even see where I was diggin. Found some nice silver rings out there. HH:cool:

There are some here that will hunt sports fields off season, and some who feel that it's off limits. Personally, we hunt sports fields off season and have had tremendous luck. Wait till after a nice rain, when the ground is soft and the plug will smash right back down and not harm the grass. The sidelines, where the spectators sit is also a good area to hunt. Good Luck. : )

Here in NASHVILE your not allowed to M'detect in City Parks , on or around school playgrounds and on or around Park /school ball fields. Plus you cannot detect on TVA land ( lake beaches etc.) Punishable by fine...

You guys are lucky your city is so lenient on the metal detecting hobby. I work for the Public Works Dept. and were told to report any one metal detecting on Metro/city/TVA properties to the police dept... Yikes !

:(.

Here in NASHVILE your not allowed to M'detect in City Parks , on or around school playgrounds and on or around Park /school ball fields. Plus you cannot detect on TVA land ( lake beaches etc.) Punishable by fine...

You guys are lucky your city is so lenient on the metal detecting hobby. I work for the Public Works Dept. and were told to report any one metal detecting on Metro/city/TVA properties to the police dept... Yikes !

:(.

Geez! That's kinda harsh! Where else are ya gonna hunt?

outfields at baseball diamonds are awesome spots to detect!!! I have pulled many, many silver coins from them, if you find an older one they are awesome spots.

I usually just detect the outfields in the late fall when the ball season is finished. Found a nice 14K band at one and not much trash.

hit it all, ya never know what you'll find. i also like to drive past during games and see where alot of people set up their chairs, thats where alot of rings come from

I rode by new park yesterday and eyeballed where all the people were sitting while watching tennis. The park is only a few years old but I bet it didn't take long for change to start dropping.

yesterday my wife dug a 2 merc silver dime spill at an old ballfield, in the outfield a lil past third base

I hit the county ball parks in my area. They are usually locked unless teams are using them and highly maintained. I never hit the play field only the entrance, paths leading to and fro, and around seating areas.

Folks never really cared too much, the kids all were facinated. I did have one fella who was either trying to fufill a deam of being a rent-a-cop or pissed I was there. He ran to security who managed to get out of his car and yell something over a few hundred yards at me.

But I never really left much of a mark other than scattered dirt that I wasn't able to rake back into the hole. Most of my finds at these parks have been near the surface and a shallow slice and the coin popped right up. A quick tamp and no sign I was even there. I cleaned up at the entrance and around the smokers pit (they ban tabacco/smoking at these parks).

Back
Top Bottom