South Beach 4 Ring Hunt - 3 Silver

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I hunted on Thursday, and normally I wouldn’t hunt 2 days in a row, but I had made plans to take my buddy Jim out, and conditions would be really nice on South Beach for an after work low tide hunt so I couldn’t resist. ;) We got to the beach about 2 hours before low tide and hunted for just over 4 hours. Jim didn’t score anything worthwhile and another pirate we talked to hadn’t done well either so I was happy to have scored the 2 silver rings along with the 2 junkers. Couldn't really find any major productive area to work. Areas that most of the stuff came were small. My 1st ring was the silver and onyx ring and came less than 30 minutes into the hunt. It is marked 925 along with 2 other marks and was a little tarnished and deep. The "Aldi" ring is unmarked but passes the silver test. The Ray Ban's were fake so I'm not too sad that they were in bad shape. The water was nice and warm yesterday and the sights were great what can I say? :lookclose: Life was definitely good! :yes:

UPDATE: One of the large hoops in the pile is marked 925 so my total is 3 silvers on the hunt.

Attachments

• 8-11-17.jpg
    8-11-17.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 404
  • 8-11-17 Rings.jpg
    8-11-17 Rings.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 382
Last edited:
I'd rather find silver rings with a stone of some kind than a plain band. Is that the Aldi supermarket cashier of the month award, lol.
Gold is just a scoop away....next hunt!
DL

Does that one ring read ALDI as in the Grocery store chain?
Marvin

I hunted on Thursday, and normally I wouldn’t hunt 2 days in a row, but I had made plans to take my buddy Jim out, and conditions would be really nice on South Beach for an after work low tide hunt so I couldn’t resist. ;) We got to the beach about 2 hours before low tide and hunted for just over 4 hours. Jim didn’t score anything worthwhile and another pirate we talked to hadn’t done well either so I was happy to have scored the 2 silver rings along with the 2 junkers. Couldn't really find any major productive area to work. Areas that most of the stuff came were small. My 1st ring was the silver and onyx ring and came less than 30 minutes into the hunt. It is marked 925 along with 2 other marks and was a little tarnished and deep. The "Aldi" ring is unmarked but passes the silver test. The Ray Ban's were fake so I'm not too sad that they were in bad shape. The water was nice and warm yesterday and the sights were great what can I say? :lookclose: Life was definitely good! :yes:

UPDATE: One of the large hoops in the pile is marked 925 so my total is 3 silvers on the hunt.

How can you tell the Ray Bans are fake? I found three pairs of those in the last month in the water.

Back
Top Bottom