My top 2017 finds...an 8 Reales tops the list

Mr. Digger

Elite Member
My 6th year of detecting was really a mixed bag. Despite detecting almost every weekend, my totals for silver coins and coppers were WAY off from previous years. Yet, on the bright side I managed to find two of my greatest "bucket list" coin finds ever...an 1821 Capped Bust Dime (my first Capped Bust coin and oldest US silver) and an 1806 Spanish 8 Reales (only my second Spanish coin and my first "silver dollar" coin). Some of my other favorite finds this year included 3 complete colonial shoe/knee buckles, an old and very well worn silver Navy ring, a skeleton key/silver ring spill, and a silver pocket watch marked "coin silver" on the inside of the case. Thanks for looking. Best of luck and HH to everyone in the New Year!

Attachments

• bellls.jpg
    bellls.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 457
  • Buckles.jpg
    Buckles.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 424
  • May buckles 1.jpg
    May buckles 1.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 438
  • May rings 1.jpg
    May rings 1.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 425
  • May rings 3.jpg
    May rings 3.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 422
Last edited:
2017 finds....

Attachments

• Key ring 2.jpg
    Key ring 2.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 431
  • Key ring 1.jpg
    Key ring 1.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 441
  • watch 3.jpg
    watch 3.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 428
  • watch 2.jpg
    watch 2.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 440
  • watch 1.jpg
    watch 1.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 438
The rest....

Attachments

• May capped 2.jpg
    May capped 2.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 431
  • May capped 1.jpg
    May capped 1.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 426
  • Real2.jpg
    Real2.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 517
  • Real5.jpg
    Real5.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 428
  • Real6.jpg
    Real6.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 423
Again,VERY quality items! Even though you are in an area with a lot of history,those are still “once in a career” finds for anyone. Incredible stuff! You should be very proud to have ALL of it.

I am utterly green with envy. I've never found an 8 reale before. Sick sick sick.

DAAAAAHMN ! That 8R is really something . Did you ever have it appraised ? And the detail on the capped bust is amazing. OUTSTANDING year and finds. As I sit here all jealous I must congratulate you on saving some really cool history. Looking forward to your posts in 2018. HH Mark

Did you ever have it appraised ?

No. I'm seeing people asking anywhere from $75 to $150 for similar coins on Ebay, but being a dug coin I doubt it would sell in that range. Not that I would ever sell it, but I wish there was a site like Numismedia.com for Spanish silver.

My favorite kinds of finds!!!! Now I just need to Find them!!!! Way too cool!

Back
Top Bottom