Early 1900s Robbery Pieces

owena1

Going through my 2017 finds and here are some jewelry and other pieces i believe are from an early 1900s robbery. They must’ve ditched It all on the side of the road into the woods. Couldn’t find the store that’s on the bag but still interesting!

39bfa556d7b63b6bbc406a63afde556c.jpg
6ea4d1052355bcda3515d4cc43df1d4f.jpg
679032190237f12b2c994fb2f8cbf6b2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea. That's an old phone number on that bag. Possibly around the 40s. I've found old business advertisement pieces from the 40s like plastic bullets with 4 and 5 number phone numbers on them , pieces like that were also showing that the company supported the war effort back then. That was also in the days were the phone company had party lines , were one phone line would supply 3 or more houses. I can remember in the late 60s at my grandmas house , picking up the phone and hearing 2 old ladies gossiping on the phone. :lol: Grandma would come around the corner , smack me on the head and tell me to go outside and play.
Sorry got a little off topic while reminiscing .

I agree, very interesting !!! Looks like some nice finds regardless of how they ended up where you found them. Congrats !!

Your finds are what I yearn for in this hobby, especially when there is a unique story behind them.

Thanks for sharing.

Very nice finds! That's interesting, be cool to know how old those are.

Zip codes started being used in the early to mid 60's, so those bags wouldn't be any older than that.

Interesting, i dated some of the other things back to the early 1900s. Could’ve been stolen or whatever years later

Yea. That's an old phone number on that bag. Possibly around the 40s. I've found old business advertisement pieces from the 40s like plastic bullets with 4 and 5 number phone numbers on them , pieces like that were also showing that the company supported the war effort back then. That was also in the days were the phone company had party lines , were one phone line would supply 3 or more houses. I can remember in the late 60s at my grandmas house , picking up the phone and hearing 2 old ladies gossiping on the phone. :lol: Grandma would come around the corner , smack me on the head and tell me to go outside and play.

Sorry got a little off topic while reminiscing .

Lol! That’s some good info about the phone numbers, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom