Attleboro, MA area

scotsmerc64

Hello, Im new to the hobby and was wondering if there are places close to where I live where i can hunt without getting into trouble? I have some family properties to hunt around in still but was curious if there were "hidden gems" around here? Thanks!:grin:

I'd stick to the family properties for now. Most parks and stuff in the mass area have been pretty well hunted.

Been looking into cape cod or the beeches at plymouth, still learning my at pro in my local park which has old woods there and trying to get a nice local spot dating back to the 17 hundreds

Go to the library and look through the old maps of your town. If you look at your area that you are familiar with you will probably notice old homesteads or farms that you drive by now as vacant wooded lots etc.. Or stone walls that use to border farm lands and properties. I picked up at Barnes and Noble book store one of those books of the past that are town specific showing pictures of old homes and schools and telling where businesses were etc. Its a paper back for $20 but if you know your town you can go through the book and maybe be surprised that a wooded area you drive by every day once had a old tavern or home there....... I drive me wife crazy when driving through town telling her that
"this was there and that was over there and this was a tavern"...... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom