Polar Express.. 99%! Had a great time today! Some records and firsts too...

Ice Scratcher

Elite Member
Today's track...

IMG_6489_zps25e42ee1.jpg

I just love Sunday hunts!

Today started out just awesome, I was pulling into the lot for the afternoon shift and I caught up with Jbrow leaving from the morning shift.. We chatted, then departed and I then launched Babe and paddled to my latest favorite spot...

As soon as I landed and stepped into the water I got a nice mid tone signal. I thought, it would just be crazy if my first target was a gold ring.... Scooped it up, and BINGO!!! Holy chit! It was!

Ring #94- 10k yellow, 1.4 Grams, the stone or glass (I know for sure its not plastic, tested it against my teeth) is wild. Never seen one like this before. It is mostly clear with an inclusion on the inside. Almost like a fossil you would see in amber, but this is clear... There is a hallmark but no karat mark.. It tested just fine at 10K and came out looking beautiful! I think its pretty old.. I would love any opinions on the stone type or age...

Also scored my first golf club!!

IMG_6463_zps4037f98b.jpg

I have found a dirt spade shovel, a step ladder, and now a golf club at this location!! Lol!!

Other highlights include..

Two more religious pendants to keep this season's theme going, I love finding that stuff!!

I set a new record for lead toys today at 4, a horse, a little car, half a race car which even has lead wheels, and an old tootsie toy car. I did not know they made Tootsies out of lead...

Also... This is just crazy! I only found three clad coins, 2 nickels and a zinc penny vs. SIX RINGS!!! I found twice as many rings as clad coins! NUTZ!!!

Ring #95- A very little old plated brass junker...

Ring #96- My second gold signet ring from this beach, only mark is an L but tested fine at 10K, 1.9 Grams..

Ring #97- Modern stainless with a brick pattern...

Ring #98- A huge clunker junker stainless, with eagle wings, sort of a wanna be Harley ring...

Ring #99- My third stainless ring from this beach that I suspect was made at one of the many GM, Chrysler, Ford, or Jeep plants around here...

Enough with the book...

All of it...

IMG_6460_zpsd78432a9.jpg

The keepers...

IMG_6470_zps66d828ed.jpg

Ring 94...

IMG_6476_zpsc8f48877.jpg

IMG_6479_zps1cc12222.jpg

IMG_6473_zps2e63bc49.jpg

IMG_6475_zps95df1b62.jpg

Ring 96....

IMG_6481_zpsb217a2f0.jpg

IMG_6482_zps5c8ffe6e.jpg

The lead Tootsie... Marked Tootsie Toy on the inside..

IMG_6492_zpsbcdeec1b.jpg

That's all of it!

Thanks for looking and good luck to all!!

BTW, I hunted for about 6 hours, and quit a little early today because I decided to save #100 for the next spin...

<*)))>{

Congrats on a Super Sunday Hunt! You can throw that 100 ring goal out the window and up the anty now. I say 200! : ) My guess for that one rings stone is some type of agate. I think somebody was having a bad golf day and tossed their club. LOL Good luck on future hunts.

Thanks a whole bunch Frankie!!

No more goals this season, once I hit 100, its all gravy!! Although I might be able to hit 200 total for my MD life.. I had 1 for my first year and 86 last season.. Making 186 total now...

Good luck to you and yours too!!

Sending more gold mojo now!!!

<*)))>{

Ring looks old. Awesome hunt! Remember Tiger Woods first golf club:laughing:

Attachments

• tiger woods.jpg
    tiger woods.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 475
Thanks for the comments guys!!!

I still can't get over that I found twice as many rings as coins!

Good luck out today...

<*)))>{

Thanks Zeemang!!

I started trying to close it out, but then I thought, why not paddle back relaxed for once in the daylight, and not try to race through the darkness without lights...

Also it sort of sets my next hunt up to be pretty fun as well...

<*)))>{

Thanks ND!

Funny how you called it on chat the night before...

"Two golds for you tomorrow..." :shock:

<*)))>{

Back
Top Bottom