I Should Open a Tackle Shop...

Cfmct

Administrator
Admin
Forum Supporter
What a heavy hunt today... Bruce, Swinglow, Robert and myself went back to the beach we hit yesterday.. off in the distance I saw Angel (Boxing63)

When I got back to my truck I noticed a piece of paper under my wiper :lol:

Lots of lead and copper a few wheats and nickels from the 40's to the 70's and not much else today... 3 hour water hunt with the Excal... I think Bruce found a silver dime that was a sliver...

My pouch was pulling my waders down :yes:

Attachments

• 001 (2).jpg
    001 (2).jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 440
  • 002 (2).jpg
    002 (2).jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 429
I used to add them to my pouch during a water hunt to use like dive weights. Now I'm down to one sinker a hunt. Funny I started talking about listing sinkers on CL and my supply went dry:?:

Careful, don't let it have too much contact with your skin you don't want lead poisoning! :roll:;)

Looking at your finds Craig, if there was any gold there you would have found it.....that blue Excal is doing what it 's supposed to. Nice hunt

Looking at your finds Craig, if there was any gold there you would have found it.....that blue Excal is doing what it 's supposed to. Nice hunt

I failed to mention I was hunting in front of a house... the lady of the house came to the waters edge while I was in thigh deep water and proceeded to seed right in front of me :roll: brand new shiny pennies... I moved in for the kill and picked up 3 thanking her for her donation :lol: she didn't laugh...

I failed to mention I was hunting in front of a house... the lady of the house came to the waters edge while I was in thigh deep water and proceeded to seed right in front of me :roll: brand new shiny pennies... I moved in for the kill and picked up 3 thanking her for her donation :lol: she didn't laugh...

:shock:

:laughing:

If someone were to seed my spots, I could only pray it was pennies...

<*)))>{

... the lady of the house came to the waters edge while I was in thigh deep water and proceeded to seed right in front of me :roll: brand new shiny pennies...

You should have looked at one for a good 10 seconds and then say in amazement: "Holy cr@p! Did you know about the double stamp mistake on this one? That's a $250 coin. THANK YOU!!!! Is it okay if I give you a hug?".

:p

:shock:OMG Craig I didn't know things were so bad for you that you resorted to picking up pennies!;).

BTW - in my hunt today, I knew I was picking up a lot of pennies, and thinking of the smart aleck comments you would make actually kept me from probably picking up more! :laughing:

Nice hunt

If gold was their , you would have found it, happy hunting Craig, Shogun is cat napping in front of the AC vent, crashes after a meal, Earl

:shock:OMG Craig I didn't know things were so bad for you that you resorted to picking up pennies!;).

BTW - in my hunt today, I knew I was picking up a lot of pennies, and thinking of the smart aleck comments you would make actually kept me from probably picking up more! :laughing:

Shiny pennies Felix... not those worthless eaten up things you post :laughing: those zincs go right in the trash if I find them...

Hey Craig nice finds.

Last winter I was making a killing on finding those suckers. Kept a few for my kids tackle box as we were running low. Other people must like them as well as the ones I left on a rock were gone the next time I was down there.

Sounds like you were hunting down along the gold coast, the lady was a bit too full of herself.

That is a lot of sinkers, I wonder if there is a way to date sinkers to when they were made by there shapes.

:shock: Sounds like when people used to call the cops on me for fishing behind their house in the river. I know someone who was on a jet ski and some people on a dock started throwing lead sinkers. He spun around his jet ski and blew their barbeque grill off the dock. Imagine getting hit with a sinker going 50 MPH.

That is a lot of sinkers, I wonder if there is a way to date sinkers to when they were made by there shapes.

You could maybe date the mold they came from but in most cases most of the molds ever made are still being used by folks..

I have a bunch of those molds, some date back into the 1920s and 30s...

<*)))>{

Back
Top Bottom