• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Request Info about Tampa Clearwater Beach

LIBear

Forum Supporter
I will be heading to Tampa next week with my wife and kids and would like to do some beach detecting. I think we are going to Clearwater beach does anyone have any info about it. do they charge to park? are you permitted to water detect? do you need a permit? any info whould be great . thanks and happy hunting. John

CW has some amazing beaches and I'd definately bring your CZ ... the water temp is currently 86°. Its like hunting in a hot tub! :D

Also, expect to have some fierce competition. Last few times I was at the beach, there were hunters passing by every 15 minutes....both on the sand AND in the water, as well as guys and gals hunting at night. Lots-o-competition

I will be heading to Tampa next week with my wife and kids and would like to do some beach detecting. I think we are going to Clearwater beach does anyone have any info about it. do they charge to park? are you permitted to water detect? do you need a permit? any info whould be great . thanks and happy hunting. John

Hey leave some things for me to find...I will be there the 4th thru the 9th.
:mad::lol:

Some info on Clearwater beach.

Parking at the pier lot is $3 per hour 5 hour maximum. You won't find enough clad to pay the fee so bring your credit card. :laughing: Expect on the weekend about 18 guys in the water. Everything is fresh drops so walk behind tourists hoping they lose something. On Monday I was there and there were only 10 guys in the water that I counted. That was just while I was there. Don't forget the guys who night hunt in the water. You will see them leaving at sunrise. Then there are the dry sand hunters. They are regulars and tourists with dirt machines. You will see them early and late. Bring water and sun screen. Don't forget your rabbits foot for good luck.

IMA..... did they change something on parking? I thought you could get parking for $10 all day if you went that route? If you like to meet and chit chat with others hunters.... CWB is the place to go. Gets crazy competition all hunting the same ditch.:laughing: Take the family to POST CORNER for lunch.... outstanding food especially the greek salad.

Dew

IMA..... did they change something on parking? I thought you could get parking for $10 all day if you went that route? If you like to meet and chit chat with others hunters.... CWB is the place to go. Gets crazy competition all hunting the same ditch.:laughing: Take the family to POST CORNER for lunch.... outstanding food especially the greek salad.

Dew

Dew, all the parking lots have changed, now if I'm not mistaken, a 5 hour limit at all the lots...so you need to go back and feed the machine. The individual parking meters at the marina lot now have a 30 minute time limit (used to be 2 hours)....heck, you can't even get in a restaurant and order before you need to go back and feed the meter. You used to be able to take advantage of the marina lot, pay for two hours (starting at 4pm) and have free parking (after 6) then until 8am the next day, not anymore. Parking ticket is almost cheaper than paying for all day for most lots!

Cliff

Dew, all the parking lots have changed, now if I'm not mistaken, a 5 hour limit at all the lots...so you need to go back and feed the machine. The individual parking meters at the marina lot now have a 30 minute time limit (used to be 2 hours)....heck, you can't even get in a restaurant and order before you need to go back and feed the meter. You used to be able to take advantage of the marina lot, pay for two hours (starting at 4pm) and have free parking (after 6) then until 8am the next day, not anymore. Parking ticket is almost cheaper than paying for all day for most lots!

Cliff

Sounds like they're milking it!:laughing:

Attachments

• cow meter.jpg
    cow meter.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 357
....Expect on the weekend about 18 guys in the water.... Don't forget the guys who night hunt in the water...

I'd believe that, but keep your options open.....go south or north of the busy area and there will only be 10 hunters instead of 18. LOL.

Cool thing is u can swing the machine and stop every few yards for a cold, tasty beverage!

Dew
They put limits on all lots. Some are 5 hours and some are 2 hours. The few that were free after 6pm are pay until 11pm. The marina lot is 30 minute limit. There are no $10 all day that I know of unless you ask they guys at the Hilton. Depending on room they may allow you to park there for $10.

For anyone needing parking information on Clearwater, here is the cities map for fees and open/closed times. http://www.clearwater-fl.com/gov/depts/pwa/engin/ParkingSystem/pdfs/PKLOT-BeachAll-NEW.pdf

Fifteen bucks for 5 hours is frigging robbery. When does it become too much for a beach?

I'll take my free parking spot in upstate Florida anyday, where I can go days on the beach without even seeing another swinging arm.

Some info on Clearwater beach.

Parking at the pier lot is $3 per hour 5 hour maximum. You won't find enough clad to pay the fee so bring your credit card. :laughing: Expect on the weekend about 18 guys in the water. Everything is fresh drops so walk behind tourists hoping they lose something. On Monday I was there and there were only 10 guys in the water that I counted. That was just while I was there. Don't forget the guys who night hunt in the water. You will see them leaving at sunrise. Then there are the dry sand hunters. They are regulars and tourists with dirt machines. You will see them early and late. Bring water and sun screen. Don't forget your rabbits foot for good luck.

Don't forget us girls who were there too! I think I got about $1.50 in clad

Fifteen bucks for 5 hours is frigging robbery. When does it become too much for a beach?

I'll take my free parking spot in upstate Florida anyday, where I can go days on the beach without even seeing another swinging arm.

I was hunting with Craig a couple weeks ago, and he told me about a lot nearby that is $75.00 a day. (This is for non-residents) They must do it to keep the riff raff out. Sounds criminal to me.......:shock:

I am just happy that most of the beaches I hunt are free to park, especially cause when you aren't finding anything at least you didn't have to pay to not find the stuff,,,:yes:GL HH

But Tim those free beaches are now having to expand parking..... its coming dude. That means..... they get $30 a day instead of $10. Id call that an increase. Hunt there everyday for a month for 7 hours..... you may need a loan because you arent going to make a living thats for sure. You might as well go play golf.:lol:

Dew

I know they don't play in Daytona. A guy when me and Greg went there was laughing about not paying to park. Little cars that cruise around write tickets quick. When I walked up they nailed about 18 cars. The guy who was laughing before wasn't laughing when he saw what was under his wiper blade. Our main beach likes to charge on week ends sometimes into who knows in the morning. Our beach has little to offer other than a bar or the ocean. What it does is drive the tourists off and they never come back. I grew up here since the '60's. Used to have crowd's. Now our summer crowd is less than most Florida beaches winter crowds. I even quit going to the main beach for over 20 years and I live right by the ocean.:no:

Back
Top Bottom