Dirty 4 letter word!

WyoTom

Elite Member
SNOW!!!!!! Woke up to about 4” of the !!!! and 17 degrees! It’s suppose to be
In the 50’s next week. I’m not ready... Ok rant over...

Attachments

• F8328D92-DC7C-44CB-B0D8-BCE8D346ED13.jpg
    F8328D92-DC7C-44CB-B0D8-BCE8D346ED13.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 292
It's rained here in North Iowa, 8 of the last 12 days.
This morning we've had flurries in the air, with a drizzling rain .
I hope to get out yet today.... I got 2 silvers Saturday.
I hope to get my silver count a little higher before the white death arrives.
October is crunch time with the weather, & less daylight hours,
as the end of the season draws near. :mad:

I was still hunting last year in December and a little in January. The ground finally froze in February... so we will see

I was still hunting last year in December and a little in January. The ground finally froze in February... so we will see

Because of the addiction, I detected the last 2 yrs,
till about the 1st week of December.
I don't think I will this year....:?::lol::?:

I've always said that I wouldn't want to live any farther North because of the long cold winters. And wouldn't want to be farther South because of the awful heat and humidity.

Yes, we have cold winters and hot summers here in S.E. KS, not not to extremes....

A few days ago we had a couple of decent days with temps in the low to middle 70's. I spent over 7 hours at the beach.

Today it was 85 with the usual humidity.

I would gladly trade you some heat for some of that cooler weather.

Oh will it will cool off and I will be able to hunt all winter.

I refuse to move back north due to the cold snowy winters so I guess I am stuck in South Carolina.

It did snow one time list year.

Well the rain quit, now it's snowing again..so glad I don't have to work on Monday :D
25eb73bd17792e8fc37c3f8606cc2170.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Took me an extra 4 hours to get back from the hunt camp. I think ill start to plan my winter beach vacation. I usually go to Panama City Beach in April but not sure about this year....such a tragedy I pray for those poor families.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181008-215926_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20181008-215926_Messages.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 156
Took me an extra 4 hours to get back from the hunt camp. I think ill start to plan my winter beach vacation. I usually go to Panama City Beach in April but not sure about this year....such a tragedy I pray for those poor families.

I wish I could go south for the winter! Yeah, the weather has been a little unforgiving...

looks pretty. we are lucky in Atlanta. fall and winter great times to detect for the most part. No snakes, poison spiders, yellow jackets or really any kind of dangerous insects. Lots of the crappy weeds and grass die so you can get your coil closer to the ground. No 90 degree+ heat and 90% humidity. Ground rarely freezes and if it does, it is usually in January for maybe 2-3 weeks. And when it does freeze often it is only 1-2". All you really need is a very good warm jacket with multiple layers and water proof. Often we have long cold rainy periods. Lots of other people are inside, so fewer people to ask you "Did you find anything good?".

When and if it snows, we are too busy playing in that rare stuff to even think about metal detecting. So basically we can metal detect year round. Only real problem silver coins are rather rare where I hunt in the northern suburbs of Atlanta, but I guess you cannot have everything.

looks pretty. we are lucky in Atlanta. fall and winter great times to detect for the most part. No snakes, poison spiders, yellow jackets or really any kind of dangerous insects. Lots of the crappy weeds and grass die so you can get your coil closer to the ground. No 90 degree+ heat and 90% humidity. Ground rarely freezes and if it does, it is usually in January for maybe 2-3 weeks. And when it does freeze often it is only 1-2". All you really need is a very good warm jacket with multiple layers and water proof. Often we have long cold rainy periods. Lots of other people are inside, so fewer people to ask you "Did you find anything good?".

When and if it snows, we are too busy playing in that rare stuff to even think about metal detecting. So basically we can metal detect year round. Only real problem silver coins are rather rare where I hunt in the northern suburbs of Atlanta, but I guess you cannot have everything.

Yeah there are trade offs for sure.

Sorry about your luck but it looks like we have the same luck we have been cover3d a couple times so far but fortunately it was gone half way through the day. I am having a hard time knowing it will be 6+ months befor3 I can dirt hunt again.

Back
Top Bottom