• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Another Seated, Another Large Cent And More

Another poor east-of-the-Mississippi hunter, who had to put up with the indignity of weeding through seateds, barbers, buffalos, silver washingtons, etc... to get another oh-so-common L.C. :sissyfight:
Oh the indignity's Tom. What shall I do. Burdened with my 2nd Large Cent in four years. Just happened that they both came in the same week. It is maybe my 7th in nine years, just a common dig. I am glad this one is in the best condition of them all. I think next year I will try a little harder getting a few of them.
Awesome. Very nice saves.
Thank you Sal, your reply is appreciated. The Large Cent was a surprise.
Nice finds, have never dug a Largie, probably not many in this entire state of Montana! Excellent SHINY results too! Am happy to see you getting some GREAT coins near the end of the season. Nothing like a happy and contented feeling to make you look forward to next year!
Appreciate the very kind words David. Lucky to get a great permission which led to a lot of the older Silver. I have some plans to go back a couple times this next week. Truth be told I'm a little afraid of next year as I know I will need to expand the areas I hunt and spend a lot more time asking permissions.
Dang Trapper it wasn't that long ago that you hit 300! You may hit 400 for the year, at least I'm hoping you will!
Thank you Toad. Not to sure 400 will be in the cards as this is becoming my busy season. Need to get the gardens (3) all tilled and Garlic planted. Still have some scouting to do before trapping starts next Saturday. Then there is Deer season which I need to cut camp firewood. Can't forget the holidays and then Mother Nature will have her say. Trapper

Hey how do you like that WIND today?:lol: I hope you got out but I hope you didn’t...it was a little windy! Did I tell you it was windy? Getting a little long winded...
Beautiful finds Trap,that’s a really really nice lineup of what we find from time to time,and it’s still available to those who want to work. I’m glad you’re having such a good time with this thing,I totally get it man. There are very few who are more deserving of such a season. You should be as proud, as we are constantly in awe of your ability to just find coins! We say it EVERY time we go with you...”how in the HELL does he do it??”
To be good at something is one thing. To be in the very top tier of detectorists is another. You my friend are a “top tier” kinda guy.
Matt mentioned your collection is leaning toward older coins....I would have to agree! It’s looking VERY good!:grin:

Looking good Traps! Your pulling some great looking coins lately. I've never seen a Centennial Canadian dime before. Cool design. Dimes, quarters, large cents, rings; nice mix too! You, Sir, have a nice mix of forethought, freedom, form, and function; coming together to create such a great season. I hope your trapping season continues to reward you, using this formula.

Ditto on the Congrats! Nice bunch of finds!

I sure miss living in an area where finds like those were much more common. :(:lol:
Thank you Gauntlet. You know we are never satisfied with our own playgrounds. After seeing a lot of finds I know I wish I was on the East Coast.
Hey how do you like that WIND today?:lol: I hope you got out but I hope you didn’t...it was a little windy! Did I tell you it was windy? Getting a little long winded...
Beautiful finds Trap,that’s a really really nice lineup of what we find from time to time,and it’s still available to those who want to work. I’m glad you’re having such a good time with this thing,I totally get it man. There are very few who are more deserving of such a season. You should be as proud, as we are constantly in awe of your ability to just find coins! We say it EVERY time we go with you...”how in the HELL does he do it??”
To be good at something is one thing. To be in the very top tier of detectorists is another. You my friend are a “top tier” kinda guy.
Matt mentioned your collection is leaning toward older coins....I would have to agree! It’s looking VERY good!:grin:
Very kind words Kevin, thank you. You do know the key to my success, I dig a awful lot of holes. There are holes in my game as I wish I was a lot more technical. But then I think if I start messing with what works it won't work no more. Those older coins are tainted recently by that special site. I got to make some time available to go back before trapping starts.
Looking good Traps! Your pulling some great looking coins lately. I've never seen a Centennial Canadian dime before. Cool design. Dimes, quarters, large cents, rings; nice mix too! You, Sir, have a nice mix of forethought, freedom, form, and function; coming together to create such a great season. I hope your trapping season continues to reward you, using this formula.
Blaise that is one thing that has always gone well. Been a trapper since I was 8 years old and have never missed a season. I think the habits I formed chasing critters over the years are now part of this detecting game. Biggest thing is location, location and location. By the way thank you for you kind words on my finds.
Congrats on the L/C, sterling rings and the silvers Trapper, especially the Seated Dime...excellent digging again!
I keep trying Bruce, thank you. Hope to add a few more before trapping starts. The Large Cent was a surprise in a city park. The Seated came from that permission where I dug the Capped Bust and the Seated Half. Trapper

You’re slaying it!!! Congrats on a great year! Most wouldt find that much silver in a decade of detecting!

You’re slaying it!!! Congrats on a great year! Most wouldt find that much silver in a decade of detecting!
Thank you Dan for the kind words. I have had a couple very fine years before the year and retirement allow a lot more time. In 2014 and 2015 I dug 209 and 232 Silver Coins. I am approaching 1300 for my career. It may even be possible I can reach yet this year.
Your year keeps getting better buddy! Wow a largie and another seated plus all those other coins, congrats!
This has been a very rewarding year Jason. I had not dug a Large Cent in over 4 years and now dig two in five days. I'm still pinching myself over the Capped Bust. Common Silver will not seem a accomplishment when others view my posts. Still I am happy just to dig shine and maybe a few more big Coppers.
Sweet finds!:yes: That seated looks to be in great shape. The copper looks good too.
Appreciate you reply Ken, thank you. I have been pretty lucky with some of my coins being a pretty nice shape. The Large Cent in this report is in the best condition of all that I have dug.
What a great time! Good job!
Thank you Gary for your reply. Your right it has been a fantastic season not only because of the finds but I have been able to share a lot of my hunts with some great forum friends. Trapper

What a selection of awesome finds! I should have put on a bib before viewing! LOL!

Very kind words Steve, I thank you for them. I was pretty blessed with a nice variety of digs on this report. Believe me the standard is more the common stuff Merc's and Rosie's and a occasional GW. As long as its Silver though I'm still very happy. Trapper

The amazing year continues, congrats on some more awesome finds! :yes:

Your reply Ron is greatly appreciated. It has been a very amazing year for me. I will be hard pressed to ever repeat such as areas that I hunt are getting depleted. Like you I have always been a parks and school hunter sprinkling in permissions. I guess I will be doing a lot more permission in the future. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom