an example of a guy who fought a ticket

I don't think it opposes my view since there are tens of thousands of baseball fields. Quite a few people obviously disagree with you since money is appropriated annually in small towns to big cities through out America

"Quite a few" does not equal everyone or even a majority. This is another logical flaw.

I think I would do a legal hunt at a ball field. I would do it at a time when I thought i would not be seen or that me being seen would be minimal. I would not leave any trace or damage. There are people that think no one should do it because someone else might not respect the area. I certainly would not ask permission.

Sweet dude. Now go put some big ninjaholes in uptown's ball field for lil Sally and Johnny to break their legs in.

:laughing:

Just kidding uptown.

Uptown, i think a lot of members are shying away from this thread, that, or are just excusing the fact that you just started MDing and have a lot of learning to do about retrieving targets and the hobby itself. Im not sure what one but my advice would be to just not detect ballfields and go to your city council meeting next thursday(or whenever) and petition for signs to be put up. Other than that your hostile opinions are falling on deaf ears. Be curious to see where another thread on this would go. Maybe you should start one uptown since you feel so strongly about it. I see post all the time about ballfield finds maybe your post on how hunting these spots makes the mder look like a "richard cranium" would stop all these others from doing it. Doubt it but atleast you might learn the the simple basics of mding, but my hostile opinion is your a lil league coach your used to shouting orders at 8 year olds. GL HH.

Uptown, i think a lot of members are shying away from this thread, that, or are just excusing the fact that you just started MDing and have a lot of learning to do about retrieving targets and the hobby itself. Im not sure what one but my advice would be to just not detect ballfields and go to your city council meeting next thursday(or whenever) and petition for signs to be put up. Other than that your hostile opinions are falling on deaf ears. Be curious to see where another thread on this would go. Maybe you should start one uptown since you feel so strongly about it. I see post all the time about ballfield finds maybe your post on how hunting these spots makes the mder look like a "richard cranium" would stop all these others from doing it. Doubt it but atleast you might learn the the simple basics of mding, but my hostile opinion is your a lil league coach your used to shouting orders at 8 year olds. GL HH.

Oh come on now. We don't need to start popping off insults at one another.

Ok fair enough, i did take one shot at him but just one. The rest of what i said was all observation and my true personal opinion and advice, that im sure more than a few would agree with.

I'm looking forward to the day a sign at my ball park reads "This is your park. If you ever feel it is not,let us know"

....I'll give you another example of "legal" vs ethics and perception....

I note that you use the word "perception". Yes, we would all agree that perception is a big part of life. Respect and ethics IS a part of life. We would all agree with that. Yes somethings may be "legal", yet not wise or ethical. Some people might take exception.

But the key word here is "perception" isn't it ? Comes from the word "perceive". And the only way they can "perceive" is if they SEE you. If they don't SEE you, then presto, they don't have that "perception". :shock:

So the solution, it would seem to me, is that we ethically respect them by not doing it when they're around to see and dis-like it. In the same way the "guy-humor" stops at my place of business, when my wife shows up. There are just some things in life that are like that. You don't change your ways to fit to every last person-on-earth's tastes and beliefs, but on the other hand, you have the sensibility not to do things like wave bacon in front of a Jewish rabbi, etc...

I'm looking forward to the day a sign at my ball park reads "This is your park. If you ever feel it is not,let us know"

:goodpost:
Kemper, this is an excellent thought. Unfortunately, seems like more and more of our 'powers that be' seem we should not have input into how our publicly owned resources are to be used. Thank you for reminding all of us to stay positive in our hobby and that there is a right way to approach the 'powers that be'.

Thanks for the response. I think the hobby will benefit from people that stand up for their rights. I like to keep it legal but I am going to go to the edge of that legal line. It can be done. And I don't need permission to do it.

You're really not worth my time Uptown and all i can do is laugh at your post. I told you im not so good with words and it takes me forever to type out what i need to say. So im just gonna let you do your thing and let your post speak for themselves. If you ever make it to illinois on a weekend hit me up and ill take you to my favorite ballfield for some MDing and after that we got what we call around here "the mud hole" big 4x4's, beer, and bonfire. Would love to see just how "country" you really are. Thanks for your opinion.

You're really not worth my time Uptown and all i can do is laugh at your post. I told you im not so good with words and it takes me forever to type out what i need to say. So im just gonna let you do your thing and let your post speak for themselves. If you ever make it to illinois on a weekend hit me up and ill take you to my favorite ballfield for some MDing and after that we got what we call around here "the mud hole" big 4x4's, beer, and bonfire. Would love to see just how "country" you really are. Thanks for your opinion.

Where's my invitation? Sounds like my kind of party. What part of IL are you in? I was born in Granite City.

After watching the video, I am still a bit confused as to whether the property is Public Property or Private Property. Let me say that it cannot be both. So, the very nice LEO may be correct or he may be incorrect depending on whether the city owns that particular GROUND (property) and has an ordinance that requires the landowner to maintain it, or in the alternative, the homeowner owns that GROUND and the city has a right-of-way and/or easement to the property.

You need to determine ownership and to do this, you just need to look up the public accessible land records for that 'ground'. You could go to the public clerks office and ask if it's ok to MD the curb-strip in front of this home at this address [I know you wouldn't do this] and have them give you a NO if they have a personal agenda against MDing in front of their house, or you could look at the subdivision plat to determine this yourself. Or, you could guess that the LEO actually knew the particular ownership of that strip of GROUND [which most assume] and ask if it's OK to MD, and allow them to inject their personal agenda, or you could know your rights by researching it. You can probably pull up the subdivision maps online (another topic).

By the way, the ownership of the curb strip, or the sidewalk area, may be owned by the city (public property) or may be owned by the homeowner (private property) even in the same city. So do not just assume that because the sidewalk is 'public property' in one subdivision...it is 'public property' in all subdivisions within the same city. Do your research to know your rights!

Also, do not assume that easement and right-of-way mean the same thing.

Thank you for posting the video.

There is also what is usually called common law. An example of this is the supreme court has ruled that all the nations navigable waterways , meaning if they can be navigated by boat or if they ever have been , are considered public up to the high watermark , including the land under the water even though that land may be included on the landowners deed. This technically means that someone can be standing in the water and not be trespassing. Many states do not enforce it that way and go by ( and enforce ) common law instead , which says someone can float down the river or stream in a boat and not be trespassing until they get out of the boat and set foot on the riverbed then its trespassing. As confusing as it is it can vary by state. I am not aware of it but it could be that Florida is that way with curb strips , we take it for granted in most states that the property belongs to the city , and even in florida it may , but if state common law says its a co-ownership then thats what it is there.

Back
Top Bottom