Soccer "coach" threatened me with "Citizen's Arrest" and forced me to leave park! *update* Post 69, I got the last laugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing wrong about it. You are seen by the majority as a crazy old guy who plays in the dirt..

:laughing: LOL, you must not know me..

I am younger and could just about stomp a hole in anyone that I could ever want to.. I choose, and do get along with just about anyone, at least the sane folks, not so much the crazy woman walking a house cat on a leash..

<*)))>{

You are twisting the meaning of the words "good graces" , or just dont know what it means. Those people that hold offices and sit on boards that make decisions on what you can and cant do on said property , they control what you do there. Staying in the good graces just means you dont give them reason to end your fun thats all. You DO have to do what they say or you ARE breaking the law. You would do well not to have anyone complain to them about you. You dont seem to understand how things work in the real world. But its looking more and more like you just want to fight on here and thats what your posts are about. Ignoring common sense even when someone breaks it down to make it easier for you. Whatever , tough guy :lol: I dont care what you do. Some want to learn...........some never learn. I bet you ignore trespassing signs and stick your finger in light sockets too :laughing:

What you are essentially saying is you dont care what the people who make the rules think about you , you are gonna do what you want. Thats what ruins it for the rest of us.

You clarified a lot with your last post , that said it all.

Wow you really need to grow up. Just read your last couple sentences. Your starting to look like this soccer coach. Just read again what your writing.

Also other people are doing stuff about it and they feel it is a RIGHT. http://detectingrights.com/

Now pull your head out of the sand and wave your tail high. You sound like you have given up. Whose side you on anyhow? Instead of being just another guy digging in the dirt be a person with a voice.

Maybe he is a crazy old guy playing in the dirt??? Lol
Would explain a lot.

If you had called the police they would have arested both go you!

I was verbaly attacked by a women when I cought her son with my stolen phone. I get my phone back and then told the kid calmly that if I saw him again on my property I would call the police. The second i mentioned policethe mom went crazy, screaming at me to fight her right there. she told me three times that she was going to cut my "f"ing blank off. I remained calm and never even raised my voice, i turned and walked away. She followed me to my house screaming at me one foot behind me the whole time, then continued from my step screaming at me through my door. I called the police and they charged BOTH of us with disorderly conduct. I was a victim of three crimes, I did nothing wrong and I almost lost my job over it. I don't call the police now for any reason.

You did the right thing.

Wow you really need to grow up. Just read your last couple sentences. Your starting to look like this soccer coach. Just read again what your writing.

Also other people are doing stuff about it and they feel it is a RIGHT. http://detectingrights.com/

Now pull your head out of the sand and wave your tail high. You sound like you have given up. Whose side you on anyhow? Instead of being just another guy digging in the dirt be a person with a voice.

You lost all credibility buddy. You are an internet troll , nothing more. If anyone else wants a discussion thats great but im done talking to a troublemaker so you will get no more replies from me.

Let's all just dial it back a notch! Everyone has differing views on the incident and they should be shared with civility.

Let's all just dial it back a notch! Everyone has differing views on the incident and they should be shared with civility.

Agreed. But whats going on here is not a difference of opinion or view , its troll like behavior. Someone looking to disect every post to make trouble.

Read some of the detectingrights.com stuff, and have to wonder what sort of things, brought metal detecting to the point of being banned, or a vote to ban the activity. Founded in 1996, and still fighting, seven years later... Seems like if the issue were never pushed to the point, where it needed to be voted on in the first place, a lot of places would have still been open to metal detecting. Pretty obviously, it's not quick, cheap, or easy, once a ban is voted in, which has been my point all a long. You can walk away from on crazy incident, and return another time/day, and still enjoy hunting. You stand your ground, fight for your perceived "right", you are asking the higher powers to examine the dispute, and vote, make an official decision, a concrete "Yes" or "no", as to whether the activity will continue to be allowed. You are just asking them to decide for that one park, but all the parks under their watch.

I didn't get into this hobby to fight and argue, or even to stand around and chat with the curious onlookers. Never had a bad run in while detecting, but have packed up and left, because I wasn't getting much hunting done, and would have had to be seriously rude, to stop the friendly chat. I like staying focused on a task, being interrupted isn't fun. I hunt as long as it's fun and interesting, not to reach some quota, not to test my physical endurance, and certainly not to argue over my "rights".

Sure, we should always get the authorities and city officials involved in every dispute, so we can get our RIGHTS clearly define in writing. That way, everyone can simply look through the laws and city ordinances, and clearly see that metal detecting is the best hobby on earth, and freely allow everywhere... Let the pipe cool down, just isn't going to happen. Laws are always created to protect the greater number of people. Obviously, verbal combat is pointless, whether here, or in the park, it'll only draw the attention of an official third party, who will decide on a resolution to the dispute.

"Sure, we should always get the authorities and city officials involved in every dispute..."
Harv, I've never said this and I don't think anyone in this thread has said this.
So, why do you feel the need to?
Also, no one has said "verbal combat" is the way to handle any dispute, have they?

So, you're just making up stuff to fit your agenda to push, push, push.

And as for O's comments ... well the old saying about "pot" and "kettle" comes to mind.

Got a question though, I like to listen to country music: Is that a privilege or a right in your opinion? You know, some bullies just don't like country music.

I again suggest that when a metal detector or kite flyer is legally enjoying their hobby in a public venue and is bullied or assaulted, pull out the video cam, don't get in 'verbal combat' (Harv's words) and if the bully isn't smart enough to walk away, keep recording and call the cops. Actually, I believe if you are a victim or a witness to a crime such as describe by the OP, you have an obligation to report the crime, don't you? This will both better the hobbies (MDing and kiteflying) and will help protect others from encountering these bullies in the future. Still:waiting:

"Sure, we should always get the authorities and city officials involved in every dispute..."
Harv, I've never said this and I don't think anyone in this thread has said this.
So, why do you feel the need to?
Also, no one has said "verbal combat" is the way to handle any dispute, have they?

So, you're just making up stuff to fit your agenda to push, push, push.

And as for O's comments ... well the old saying about "pot" and "kettle" comes to mind.

Got a question though, I like to listen to country music: Is that a privilege or a right in your opinion? You know, some bullies just don't like country music.

I again suggest that when a metal detector or kite flyer is legally enjoying their hobby in a public venue and is bullied or assaulted, pull out the video cam, don't get in 'verbal combat' (Harv's words) and if the bully isn't smart enough to walk away, keep recording and call the cops. Actually, I believe if you are a victim or a witness to a crime such as describe by the OP, you have an obligation to report the crime, don't you? This will both better the hobbies (MDing and kiteflying) and will help protect others from encountering these bullies in the future. Still:waiting:

I know how to use the QUOTE function, and use it when referring to something you typed. Starting to wonder if you might have a twin here, you seem to react to comments referring to someone else's screen name kind of personal. Don't know where you get that I'm quoting you, referencing your posts, or even care about your posts. What I do care about, is you making this personal, and feel a need to jump at my every word. You still seem to think the best way to deal with strange encounters, is to take it to a higher level, get the authorities involved, get yourself some recognition. Are you really that needy? Perhaps you should consider coaching a soccer team... Seem to have the right attitude for it.

Its not worth the time to even respond to their posts anymore Harvey , they are attempts to get attention and draw the arguement out even longer. The personal nature of the accusations scream out troll , or immaturity. I got drawn into it too for some reason when I should have spotted them as just looking to stir up trouble. Nobody can be that simple minded unless they are entertaining themselves with it.

Read some of the detectingrights.com stuff, and have to wonder what sort of things, brought metal detecting to the point of being banned, or a vote to ban the activity. Founded in 1996, and still fighting, seven years later... Seems like if the issue were never pushed to the point, where it needed to be voted on in the first place, a lot of places would have still been open to metal detecting. Pretty obviously, it's not quick, cheap, or easy, once a ban is voted in, which has been my point all a long. You can walk away from on crazy incident, and return another time/day, and still enjoy hunting. You stand your ground, fight for your perceived "right", you are asking the higher powers to examine the dispute, and vote, make an official decision, a concrete "Yes" or "no", as to whether the activity will continue to be allowed. You are just asking them to decide for that one park, but all the parks under their watch.

I didn't get into this hobby to fight and argue, or even to stand around and chat with the curious onlookers. Never had a bad run in while detecting, but have packed up and left, because I wasn't getting much hunting done, and would have had to be seriously rude, to stop the friendly chat. I like staying focused on a task, being interrupted isn't fun. I hunt as long as it's fun and interesting, not to reach some quota, not to test my physical endurance, and certainly not to argue over my "rights".

It seems you have the whole scenario worked out and there is no grey it's all black and white. By your thinking I could also say because he walked away he looked guilty, or in the wrong like I previously asked about the holes. I could even say that she could have went to your "powers that be" and told them some "metal detectorists (paints broad brush here on ALL OF US) were making giant holes on our precious tax paid field, oh the humanity" then she could have gotten everyone kicked from the field because the op did not pursue any type of mutual agreement to make both parties happy and laws were made, see Harvey I can make stuff up also, but I will not. Lets stick to the facts. My fact is he could have stuck around and been a representative for our hobby. Maybe he's not that type of guy, but we are out here.

Ohiochris who has resorted to name calling? To be honest I don't find it entertaining, odd, but not entertaining. Lol

WOW! So O, nice for you to admit that it's been a team effort all along. And, I notice that you seem to use the word 'troll' alot in your response posts. Remember... "POT" - "KETTLE".

And Harv, nope, I don't have a twin here, there you go being wrong again.

To the team of O and Harv, I will say I don't care much for bullies like the OP encountered, or the ones encountered in everyday life, you know...the ones who put other's down, play word games, and twist facts just because they post an opinion different than their own.

Feel free to give up on me because I'm "simple minded". That's getting pretty personal there O.

And Harv, nope, I don't have a twin here, there you go being wrong again..

Harv also does not believe a lot of the silver digs that folks post, because they look better than the silvers that have been in a shoe box in a closet for 50 years...

<*)))>{

Thats alright , if the mods or anybody else reads through all the exchanges they can plainly see who has been rude , accusatory , and name calling right from the start. Even when nobody actually said you were wrong , only that there is a better way to handle it. :roll: Any term I used as a description was used only at the END , and thats because you worked so hard to earn it. But I found out how to put you on an ignore list so now I dont have to see anything from you. POOF>...your gone. :lol: ;)

Good luck on your endeavors.

You did just fine. Deranged people are occasionally dangerous people and what good would it do anyone to have an expensive legal case, even if the hyena was to spend a few years in the slammer with other losers? You would still be just as hurt. Keep on choosing when to oppose actively and let the "heroes" make the points.

Harv also does not believe a lot of the silver digs that folks post, because they look better than the silvers that have been in a shoe box in a closet for 50 years...

<*)))>{

Thought it was odd, and stated why. Also admitted that I haven't dug a silver coin yet, so don't know. How could that be a belief? Skeptical, yes, but not a strong opinion. I also understand that oxygen needs to be present, which isn't abundant underground. Just seems odd, not impossible, but stuck in your mind for a reason, also odd...

Thats alright , if the mods or anybody else reads through all the exchanges they can plainly see who has been rude , accusatory , and name calling right from the start. Even when nobody actually said you were wrong , only that there is a better way to handle it. :roll: Any term I used as a description was used only at the END , and thats because you worked so hard to earn it. But I found out how to put you on an ignore list so now I dont have to see anything from you. POOF>...your gone. :lol: ;)

Good luck on your endeavors.

Think getting the mods involved, is their point. Just like the OP should have stood his ground, called the police, park department. The debaters want moderation. They need someone to come in a lay down the law for them. Which, in this case, closing the thread, maybe a private message about "playing" nice. An analogy of closing the park to metal detecting...

And that is why walking away is the better choice, rather than sticking around arguing, wasting time, and eventually losing anyway.

It's so funny the mods did not step in until Chris started the name calling. Notice it was the next post. Again it's a sad sad day for metal detecting when people that do it and call it their hobby, but they don't feel it's a right, sad indeed. I enjoyed my right to last night with my boy for a few hours. I enjoy talking to the old timers as they walk in the park close by. They tell me lots of places to go and try out, they are great and I wouldn't ignore them for the world.

See Harvey by your last statement you have GIVEN UP. Really just read your last sentence. If those are not the words of someone that has given up then I don't know what is. You wrote it. Well a bunch of is have NOT given up, and we will not. I just don't understand, maybe something happened that made you this way and I'm sorry to hear that. If EVERYONE had your attitude and keeps going that direction then someday no one will have the opportunity to enjoy this great hobby. I wish you luck Harvey. If you don't stand up for something you stand for nothing.

My post was not directed at Chris or any one person! The whole tone of this thread has gone downhill and it it now CLOSED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom