Off Center 1967 penny

happy1031

I've had this for a few years and I was wondering what it may be worth. :yes:

The back doesn't have any error, just the front is like off kind of alot, you cannot read the full Liberty and the "In God We Trust" is cut off also.

Attachments

• CIMG6322.jpg
    CIMG6322.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 3,867
I was prepared to see a little bit off center..But WOW thats way off :shock: very nice coin..don't see those everyday..

amazes me how coins like a 1955 double die error can be worth so much being its such a slight imperfection yet coins like this arent very valuable...seems kinda backwards to me how coin collectors work.

amazes me how coins like a 1955 double die error can be worth so much being its such a slight imperfection yet coins like this arent very valuable...seems kinda backwards to me how coin collectors work.

I agree kinda weird how that works, I have a penny thats blank on one side thats only worth a couple bucks..

The double die coin is different, because it is made from the die and makes several coins are made the same. The other coin is made when a planchet is miss-fed into the dies or the dies and this is called an miss-struck or error coin. This will effect the value.

In my opinion, calling the 1955 double-die a slight imperfection is like calling the current economic situation "less than optimal". The 1972, maybe, the 1995, maybe, but the 1955 was obvious, and from what I read, only released because a natural disaster made it necessary to get come coins into circulation.

-- Tom

Thats a interesting coin .I was going through a bunch of pennies looking for wheats yesterday and found a 195?D with the same type of markings as the picture.The last number is covered by that circle?or whatever it is.So even though their not worth much are these error coins or what made them get like this. thanks

Back
Top Bottom