• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

What is the best digging tool?

Scrumhalf2

Just wondering what tools you guys use. Right now I'm using just a regular garden trowel and it has been hurting my hands/wrist since it is not very effective. Anyone have the same problem with hand/wrist pain? Both from digging and swinging?

PredatorTools...
5 yr. Warranty

I enjoy using the Model 31 Raptor, Little Eagle, Relic Pro 80
You won't need to buy another one, maybe a different one.

Pain could be from poor body mechanics.
I abuse my left shoulder, digging scooping and sifting.

If I find some Gold, I don't feel no pain.
Otherwise I take a few Avils now and then.

Yah the Predator/Lesche is nice because there is a flat piece of steel on the lower handle. You can use your palm on it and digging with two hands helps on the pain.

I've been using the same 3-in1 knife for about thirty years now and wouldn't trade it for anything else. They say that the new ones aren't the same. From what I've seen, the Japanese Hori-Hori knife looks just like my old 3-in -1 knife, but I haven't seen one up close. If I ever lost mine, I'd probably try one of them.

Most people like the Lesche, built very well but I didn't care for the straight blade on it. I rather have a digger with more of a "scoop" to the blade, it helps in digging the dirt out of the hole. The one in the picture is like the one I have been using, I really like it and it's not real expensive. Steve.

Attachments

• wap_101s.jpg
    wap_101s.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 665
I use a swiss army bayonett and a common potting shovel (only use the shovel at constrution or field sites) I am going to buy a Lesche if I do not get one for Xmas.

The Lesche seems to be the hands down fav. on our site, but if the price
is a bit too much for your budget, I reccomend and use the $9.00 digging
trowel from Ohio detector supply. (Avail on Ebay) It's excellent!!

Back
Top Bottom