Problems with my Tesoro

rafam33

Hello everyone,

New member here. In my introduction post I mentioned one of the two machines that I have is a Tesoro DeLeon which I said I did not like. Someone asked me why I did not like it and I gave out a small list. I wanted to post the same list here in the hopes that someone else could give me some advice on what they think might be an issue, or just tell me that is how the machine works. I emailed this to Tesoro yesterday, but I have not gotten an answer from them.

A few issues I have with the Tesoro....

1. The VDI never seems to be correct (or even close), it seems like it bounces between the numbers so fast I can't even get an idea of what's under the dirt. No matter what the target ultimately is the display might jump, for example, between the 20's thru the 90's and many numbers in-between.

2. The depth is never correct. The display almost always shows the depth as several inches deeper that I find it.

3. When I try to pinpoint using the 'X' triangulation method, and I swing from one side to the other I can get a tone. When I swing it back the opposite direction it makes no noise at all.

Anyone have any thoughts on these problems, or does someone know if that is just how this machine functions?:?:

I am wondering if the ground balance it set wrong for your area. The DeLeon is factory set and has an internal pot. to adjust it. I would be more than happy to tell you how to check the ground balance and how to set it if you like. Or best bet is to call the Tesoro factory not email them, they always answer the phone but if busy they will call you right back. Steve.

Tesoro Electronics
715 White Spar Road
Prescott, AZ 86303
Tel: 928-771-2646

I am wondering if the ground balance it set wrong for your area. The DeLeon is factory set and has an internal pot. to adjust it. I would be more than happy to tell you how to check the ground balance and how to set it if you like. Or best bet is to call the Tesoro factory not email them, they always answer the phone but if busy they will call you right back. Steve.

Tesoro Electronics
715 White Spar Road
Prescott, AZ 86303
Tel: 928-771-2646

Nonsense.

I could use one for parts how does $50 sound?

are you hunting in a trashy area? that could cause the mixed signals if there are more than one target in the hole. as far as the x-ing i was told that if there is something there, that most times it will give a repeatable signal in all directions. ive had that problem with my xterra. if i dig those signals then they usually dissappear and theres nothing there. if there is really something there then it will usually give a good signal either way you swing at it. you probably already know this. and hey if your machine is telling you its deeper than you think only for you to find out its shallower isnt that like a little prize haha less digging

Back
Top Bottom