Wow almost been a year since i checked in with you all.... so here's a pin pointer question lol!

marro

Like i said its been almost a year since I checked in... i barely went hunting lasr sunday (first time in a few months. Sadly my Garrett pin pointer started acting up pretty bad. Its always been pretty chatty but this past hunt just tells me it might be time to buy a new one. I have an At pro that i had to send back to Garrett at one point also... the AT works fine now but i don't know if sending back a pin pointer and giving Garrett even more money is something I want to do...
That being said i just got on Amazon for the hell of it to see what the Garrett carrots or original pro pointers are going for and saw a ton of pp knock offs with pretty good reviews... what say all of you?

Got one. About 1" depth. Only good use I've found for it is locating hard to pinpoint SURFACE targets- or if I drop a bolt or screw in the grass!

615XbDYZjWL._SX425_.jpg

Its your money. If you want the knock off go buy it. But you will be wasting your money. A lot of those reviews are faked. Also some folks who have never had a real pin pointer do not know how bad those Chinese knock offs truly are.

Just like a tatoo, a good one isn't cheap and a cheap one isn't good. Just say'n

The cheap knock-offs aren't waterproof at all. The Carrot can be submerged and used in the rain. I wouldn't spend even $40 for something I couldn't use around water.

Back
Top Bottom