Finds From the Woods

mysteriousnesss

Elite Member
Recently I've been having trouble finding good parks and lots to dig so this weekend I decided to head out into the woods. Most wooded areas around me are overgrown farm fields so they definitely have history. Among the finds pictured are two barber quarters (1900S and 1892), a 1914 buffalo nickel, two indian heads (1907 and the other is too crusty), a 1943 mercury dime, a nice looking buckle (no idea on age) and two coppers. One is a dateless King George II and the other is too far gone to tell. I also managed to pull a nice looking 1910's-20's cufflink with a cool blue stone and the button off of a pair of WWI US Army uniform pants. Among the finds not pictured are numerous head stamps and 22 short casings. There was hardly any clad though. There are two more buckles awaiting cleaning as well.

Attachments

• 20190622_210032.jpg
    20190622_210032.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 707
  • 20190623_202643.jpg
    20190623_202643.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 677
That's a nice collection there. I'd be hammering those woods with that kind of hunt. Congrats.

You definitely need to get out to the woods more. Congrats on the nice finds.

HD

I was just looking at a Google Earth picture of an old field that we used to know 33 years ago that was fallow and now it's a forest and thinking about that very thing , how things change so much overtime you never know what you're going to find or where you going to find it .Those are really cool items. Maybe that stone is a Lapis Lazuli in that cufflink, that buckle could be from a shoe from many many years ago? Nice hunt!

Welcome to woods hunting. If u continue to hunt amongst the trees you will prefer winter and fall hunting more than any other time of the year. You wont find many gold rings but the variety of stuff you dig can be amazing

Back
Top Bottom