Finds display case

I don't have a ring collection, but I have tons of minie balls. I use a shadow box with a hole up top to drop in the nicer ones. The mason jar gets the ones that are mangled.

IMG-20190618-143500.jpg

Those are amazing. Finding 1 is on my bucket list.

I bought a display case just like that thinking it would take forever to fill! Now I have to take something out to put something in!

Yep, I have two of them. Each holds 72. When I fill them up with silver or nice super nice condition rings, I take them around to my wife's friends and they raid it. Right now, I'm doing that, as I'm not interested in buying another box. LOL

one box is purely for silver (which is currently overflowing). The other is for the "nice rings."

All the costume and junkers go into a whipped cream bowl. Someday I'm going to go out to the parks and "distribute them" in the tot lot when I know a kid is detecting the area regularly. That oughta blow his mind. LOL That, or bury a metal box with all the rings in it!

Skippy

Yep, I have two of them. Each holds 72. When I fill them up with silver or nice super nice condition rings, I take them around to my wife's friends and they raid it. Right now, I'm doing that, as I'm not interested in buying another box. LOL

one box is purely for silver (which is currently overflowing). The other is for the "nice rings."

All the costume and junkers go into a whipped cream bowl. Someday I'm going to go out to the parks and "distribute them" in the tot lot when I know a kid is detecting the area regularly. That oughta blow his mind. LOL That, or bury a metal box with all the rings in it!

Skippy

I ring cache is.a great idea..I gift from one hunter to another. You should leave a really cool note. Depending on how you hide it may not be found for years.

...Someday I'm going to go out to the parks and "distribute them" in the tot lot when I know a kid is detecting the area regularly. That oughta blow his mind. LOL...
That would go over real well. Like using a fertilizer spreader to distribute BB's everywhere. :wow:

That would go over real well. Like using a fertilizer spreader to distribute BB's everywhere. :wow:

Oh !!!!, no. LOL that's wicked.

This would be like, dropping a pile of rings at the base of a slide. LOL Just something "fun" for a kid to find.

I kind of like the "Treasure box" idea better though.

Sheesh. That's a wicked thought, about the BBs!!

I ring cache is.a great idea..I gift from one hunter to another. You should leave a really cool note. Depending on how you hide it may not be found for years.

That's an idea! The note would be fun. I'd probably leave something cool in there, too. Like a silver coin or something, that costs just a few bux.

Skippy

Sheesh. That's a wicked thought, about the BBs!!
I'm a frustrated newbie detector. Spent about $1100 on equipment and after a few months I only have a few bucks of clad to show for it. So ... that is my explanation for my 'scorched earth' attitude.

That being said, I hope no one actually spreads BBs with a fertilizer spreader. But please feel free to spread gold rings and old coins if you ever visit Roseville, CA. :yes:

I used to put them in displays but it got too big. Now I just put them on a chain.

Attachments

• Rings-Display-2.jpg
    Rings-Display-2.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 113
  • rings-onchain.jpg
    rings-onchain.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 112

Funny you mention that. I actually caught another detectorist spreading bird shot along the towel line after a busy weekend last year.

Funny you mention that. I actually caught another detectorist spreading bird shot along the towel line after a busy weekend last year.

I'd have taken his picture and posted it on every single detecting website I could find.

Whoa, at the rate I’m finding rings it will take me two lifetimes to find a pile of rings like that! Awesome!!! I’m a bit jealous too! :shock:

I'd have taken his picture and posted it on every single detecting website I could find.

He's actually an old ringfinder. His face is already plastered. He just doesn't care. Very bitter old man. I don't know how much time he has left. He's just pissed off at the world. Very upset that there are all these detectorist out there.

Junk in the trunk 🍑

A year later and over 250 rings, i no longer keep all the junkers. I was thinking of putting them on a rope or chain like other users but get more enjoyment from passing them out to the youngsters in a bath of hand sanitizer. The ring box looks like art hanging on the wall. It seems like just yesterday i could remember every ring and where i found it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200822-080349_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200822-080349_Gallery.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 30
Back
Top Bottom