Coinstar Silver #11

diggin4clad

Elite Member
The Coinstar machines have been pretty quiet of late but that kind of changed a bit today with a 1944-P Wartime Nickel, my 11th Silver coin from Coinstar this year.

Attachments

• Image (39).jpg
    Image (39).jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 275
Congrats - that is a neat find ! :thumbsup:

After my big haul last week I was looking forward to checking the Coinstar on my weekly Wednesday grocery shopping trip, but when I was leaving the store the Coinstar guy was doing maintenance, but I did get to check it on the way into the store before he got there and had found nothing. (last week found a dime on the way in and a big haul on the way out)

(took a pic to see what the Coinstar looked like opened)
coinstar_maintenance.jpg

Free silver - yay! Congrats! :D
Thanks Garrett, free silver is always nice...free clad is good too.

Congrats.

HD
Thanks …...

Cool - don’t see very many Coinstar war nickels.
Thanks, Of all the Coinstar silver coins I've ever gotten I believe this is the first Wartime Nickel for me.

After my big haul last week I was looking forward to checking the Coinstar on my weekly Wednesday grocery shopping trip, but when I was leaving the store the Coinstar guy was doing maintenance, but I did get to check it on the way into the store before he got there and had found nothing. (last week found a dime on the way in and a big haul on the way out)

View attachment 445430
Thanks GKL...…..I've seen those guys a few times working on the machines. I wonder if they pull any odd stuff out of them and keep whatever they find.

The Coinstar machines have been pretty quiet of late but that kind of changed a bit today with a 1944-P Wartime Nickel, my 11th Silver coin from Coinstar this year.

Nice War nickel! Good to see your count is on the rise. You are, after all, a renowned "Coinstar cowboy", with a reputation to uphold. :D

View attachment 445430
You didn't happen to get video footage of him entering his security code, did you? :lol::?::lol:...:?:

at the risk of sounding stupid, which I am about this stuff...Only been MD'g and on this forum for about 3 months.
How does this coinstar thing work. I thought people put their change in it and then they get cash....sooooo how do you guys get silver coins out of it now and then....?????? Like I said don't understand....Splain it LUcy..??

at the risk of sounding stupid, which I am about this stuff...Only been MD'g and on this forum for about 3 months.
How does this coinstar thing work. I thought people put their change in it and then they get cash....sooooo how do you guys get silver coins out of it now and then....?????? Like I said don't understand....Splain it LUcy..??
OK Ricky...I'll splen this for you. People put money in a Coinstar but some of the coins get rejected and they don't think to check the reject tray. Silver coins, foreign coins, Canadian coins, and even modern clad coins get rejected. Most times there's nothing in the tray when you check BUT sometimes you get lucky.
I hope I've splenned this for you...…...

Diggin4clad, Thank you very much. Now I'll be checkin the reject slots, although I don't get near a coinstar machine but maybe once a year if that.....

Diggin4clad, Thank you very much. Now I'll be checkin the reject slots, although I don't get near a coinstar machine but maybe once a year if that.....
I'm fortunate that my part time job allows me to check 10-12 machines each week without going out of my way.

Back
Top Bottom