Sears is going down...

They must be liquidating alot. I was in Home Depot a few weeks back and lots of Craftsman on sale there at the time. They had an entire row of just tool chests. Don't recall ever seeing Craftman there before.

Amazon will obsolete a lot of businesses.

If their in-house delivery services are any indication, they won't be worrying UPS any time soon. I had a couple of padded cases that I ordered, due 10/15 show up on the web site as delivered, and of course when I called to let them know that NO, IT WAS NOT DELIVERED, the call of course goes to India (it's easy for Jeff Bezos to say he wants to raise the minimum wage when he offshores jobs as often as he can). Either the package or its replacement showed up the next day, DELIVERED TO THE FRONT SIDEWALK. At least FedEx will put it on the steps. UPS (and USPS MOST of the time) will put the package near the front door.

Unfortunately, I don't get to pick the shipper with Amazon.

-- Tom

They must be liquidating alot. I was in Home Depot a few weeks back and lots of Craftsman on sale there at the time. They had an entire row of just tool chests. Don't recall ever seeing Craftman there before.

Not liquidating, they sold their Craftsman brand to Stanley Black and Decker in Jan 2017.
Now they can be sold at all kinds of other stores besides Sears.
https://www.businessinsider.com/sears-sells-craftsman-brand-for-900-million-2017-1

It didn't help them much in the long run, just a stopgap measure.
They are trying to unload Kenmore too.

Craftsman hasn't been the quality tool line they used to be known for for a long time but many still gravitate toward that name thinking they are.

I'm pretty sure all of my Craftsman hand tools are at least 20 years old. I haven't needed any new tools recently. I think the last hand tool I bought was a metal hole punch, and it is US made, even though that added to the price. I bought that after the metal hole punch from the place that shall not be named mislabeled a 5/16" as a 1/4" die, and then gave me grief for not discovering it right away (then they turned the collections people on me because I had not returned the tools, only to discover that they hadn't sent the refund check for that set they wanted me to return either).

I miss the old days of Craftsman tools.

-- Tom

. I bought that after the metal hole punch from the place that shall not be named mislabeled a 5/16" as a 1/4" die, and then gave me grief for not discovering it right away
-- Tom

With more and more items being made overseas i don't believe a ot of them know how to convert measurements to English. As a Silversmith I bought some ring sizers that were completely off. When I told the owner where I bought them, he checked and his whole supply was wrong. He had to send them all back.

Back
Top Bottom