E-Trac vs. Explorer SE

AHSARoger

Is the Minelab E-Trac simply a Minelab Explorer SE with a computer interface ... or is there some other significant difference?

Thats like asking if the DFX is a XLT. There are some real improvements made to the E-trac. Is it better... id say just different. They alined the desirable targets better on the screen, Expanded the smartfind scaling Ferr went up to 35 and cond to 50 for a more accurate target ID, redesigned touchpat layout, upgraded IM, improved expanded audio options, dual sensitivity which lets you know what the machine feels is the proper sensitivity setting, program and share files from your computer. Thats just a few of the changes that make it unique. Its not an explorer some may like it but some wont.

Dew

I have been reading the book by Andy Sabisch . I have a SE , but to me it looks like the e-track is hard to set up then the SE ( maybe because I have a SE ??) I think a lot of the cost is the program for the computer that I don't think you need. The ID speed they say is better then the SE ( I'll bet E-track's ID is not as fast as the F75). All & all I think it is just what you want, but sometime 2 detector are needed. Like go over a area with one and come back over with the other detector. Me I'll stay with the SE & F75 and small coil.

John
I have the feeling that will change soon.I see an Etrac in your near future.That's the next purchase on my list of detectors to own.After reading Andy Sabisch book on the Exploree and Etrac I don't think the Etrac is more complicated.It sounds like the stock coins program is a coin killer.Bill and the quilting dog

John
I have the feeling that will change soon.I see an Etrac in your near future.That's the next purchase on my list of detectors to own.After reading Andy Sabisch book on the Exploree and Etrac I don't think the Etrac is more complicated.It sounds like the stock coins program is a coin killer.Bill and the quilting dog

Im in that same boat ... Minelab will be my next purchase ... just trying to decide which one

Hi Friendlies, the Etrac is not an Explorer by any means, it is a whole new model line. I have adjusted to the Etrac in a short time myself. I use it almost exclusively now. I have a customer that bought the Etrac from me and he said it is the best purchase he has made in a longtime. Ok everyone be safe and good hunting!

John T.
John's Detectors

i have the se pro i had the choice between that and the etrac and the se won as i didnt need the computer exchange feature wich is on the etrac

Back
Top Bottom