A good battery deal

steve in so la

Forum Supporter
Bought these 30 AA batts today at Wally World for $10.50. Seems like a good deal - any opinions ? Good for the detectors, clocks, some remotes, games, camera, etc. Steve in so az

batts.jpg

That is a good deal Steve! I have long been a fan of rechargeable batteries, but since I got my MXT I have had second thoughts. The batteries that came with the detector lasted an amazingly long time. I now carry a pack of alkaline batteries in my gear just in case. Walmart has some great deals.

Keep Swing'in
Jack

Hey, Steve.
I normally use copper tops in my MD. But I swiped some Rayovacs from my wifes battery drawer for my last battery change. They seemed to work very well. I wouldn't have a problem using them again. Nice bargin.
Frog

Jack - I used to use the rechargeables but one time I sent the machine in for a fix. It came back with regular batteries in it. I thought "better use them up first". Not only did they last long but I noticed a definite increase in depth with them. Steve

I get long life out of the Walgreens brand of batteries. All sizes have outlasted big name brands in my game cameras, kids toys, and I just got through 36 hours in the X70 with four AA's. Try them you wont turn back. 11.99 for 36 everyday and 10 bucks about once a month when they go on sale.

yupper pretty good deal. I normally use copper tops unless wally world has a deal on the rayovacs..as a matter of fact the rayovacs are in my MXT rite now..after 3 long hunts and a couple short hunts its still reading 11 {I change out once it gets to around 10 or so} still got about another 2 hunts in em I think.

I use Rayovac alot and they are just as good as Energizer or Duracel. You gotta be careful though there is a cheaper Rayovac line that actually says heavy duty but they are junk, they are gold in color. I work for an autoparts jobber and the blue pack Rayo's are all we sell and they are good batteries.

You can't beat the COSTCO brand for quality and price.

I usually pick up the big packs of Duracels at Costco, but haven't tried their store brand (Kirkland). So, they're pretty good? I'll have to pick some up next time I'm there.

I usually pick up the big packs of Duracels at Costco, but haven't tried their store brand (Kirkland). So, they're pretty good? I'll have to pick some up next time I'm there.

I've had very good results with the Kirklands and not one of them has ever leaked on me.

Back
Top Bottom