• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

2 teens challenged by rotary phone

That ain't nuttin! I was at a place in Illinois in the late 70's where you had to pick up the receiver, adjust the mouth piece and then turn a crank. It was NOT a novelty, but a real hand crank phone still in use.:wow::wow::shock: Tell me that wouldn't have given them a fit.

Ha ha! Funny! They were on the right track -

Every now and then I get to work on a party line. Yes, they’re still out there. Town population 170,000.

I have two old rotary Western electric phones in nice shape.

Isn't this sad that this could possibly happen?

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

My youngest asked me one time did we have mobile phones when I was growing up?? I was more than happy to tell him we did, it hung in the kitchen and had a long cord on it so you could go in the other room and talk .......... A mobile phone. Now i can remember in the 70s we still had the rotary phones in the house.

That ain't nuttin! I was at a place in Illinois in the late 70's where you had to pick up the receiver, adjust the mouth piece and then turn a crank. It was NOT a novelty, but a real hand crank phone still in use.:wow::wow::shock: Tell me that wouldn't have given them a fit.

I remember our crank phone on the wall. It was a party line and you had to go through central to get your number. I still remember out old phone number.

That would be really bad if, for some reason, those kids had to call 9-1-1 somewhere there was no cellphone and a life depended on it. :(

I've told this before, I was at an auction a few years ago and I saw a kid, maybe 8 years old, ask his mom standing beside him, "What is that?" pointing to a Royal Racer sled. THAT makes one feel real old.

Ha ha! Funny! They were on the right track -

Every now and then I get to work on a party line. Yes, they’re still out there. Town population 170,000.

I have two old rotary Western electric phones in nice shape.

Damn, I had no idea they still had them. I grew up using a party line and only having to dial four numbers to make a call. I'll never forget "ms buckles" listening in on all our calls. 😬
Years later I lived in the town with the smallest calling area in the country or so I was told by telephone co. There was only a hundred or so people that weren't long distance. I am sure I was one of the first to only have a mobile phone and no land line.
I still have a 1940s? Phone but no land line to hook it up to. :(

Damn, I had no idea they still had them. I grew up using a party line and only having to dial four numbers to make a call. I'll never forget "ms buckles" listening in on all our calls. 😬
Years later I lived in the town with the smallest calling area in the country or so I was told by telephone co. There was only a hundred or so people that weren't long distance. I am sure I was one of the first to only have a mobile phone and no land line.
I still have a 1940s? Phone but no land line to hook it up to. :(
Yep, some (very few) folks are still paying for landline phone service in this day and age. Usually, it’s due to nostalgia. Kind of like those of us that still write checks...:lol:

Yep, some (very few) folks are still paying for landline phone service in this day and age. Usually, it’s due to nostalgia. Kind of like those of us that still write checks...:lol:

Writing a check will be the next video. I was shocked when I went to a store the other night and they handed me back a $2 bill in change. Not seen one of them in circulation in 30 years. I know they still make them, just not seen any.

Writing a check will be the next video. I was shocked when I went to a store the other night and they handed me back a $2 bill in change. Not seen one of them in circulation in 30 years. I know they still make them, just not seen any.
I got a bunch of 2 dollar bills I got when shopping!

The funny thing is last year while MD I got a hit and in my scoop was a few 1 dollar bills. They where buried and there must be some metal in them. I don't know what my vdi came up as.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

I think we used a rotary phone till the late 90's, sometimes we had to go somewhere else to call if you had to press a number to reach someone.

Attachments

• DialPhone.jpg
    DialPhone.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 179
A month or so ago my grand daughter (8 yrs. old) asked me what time it was. I showed her my Timex on my wrist. She looked at me like I had 4 heads and said, "Grumpa, I can't read that kind of clock." I was shocked.

A month or so ago my grand daughter (8 yrs. old) asked me what time it was. I showed her my Timex on my wrist. She looked at me like I had 4 heads and said, "Grumpa, I can't read that kind of clock." I was shocked.

Lol
I can sure believe that one.
Seems few anaoalg Mickey Mouse watches used.

Maybe they make a digital Mickey watch.

Grumpa, I'd be lost without a watch. Yeah I can look at my phone, but I feel kinda like *naked* when I don't have it on me. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom