Call it beginners luck

Inshednow

I'm new to this hobby and since getting my MD there has been snow on the ground. Not alot of snow a dusting every day the past few any way after reading the manual and placing MD on wooden table checking out different items to see how it reads and the sounds it made. I went outside the back door about 10 feet from my back door and I began to swing..... Just like that beep beep..... look at display and see the 2 and 4 light for depth light up after that I us the pin pointing on the MD and find my strongest signal. marked the spot got my big spade shovel from my shed and start digging. Darn ground is frozen solid, back to the shed for a claw hammer, got the 22 oz. framing hammer with the straight claw began digging low and behold i find my first ever item with my Garrett 350 ace a nice 1840 one cent large coin. If i can figure out how to get photo off phone and on to computer I'll post a pic. Now I want to go out more but I have a crater for a hole cause ground if frozen.

Attachments

• large one cent frt.jpg
    large one cent frt.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 542
  • large one cent rear.jpg
    large one cent rear.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 533
That's cool , just think how many times you've walked over that coin , and without this stupid hobby , you have never known it was there . :lol: ,, sorry ,,I just threw that stupid part in there for dramatic's . Can't wait to see the pic and whatever else you find . Welcome aboard from NC .

Good job! I've found so many nails in my backyard, that I'm afraid to go out barefoot. No old coins, though. If you've found one, there's probably more!

Congrats on the LC and welcome to the hobby. You will definitely be hooked now. I have been detecting for a long time and never found one. Location, Location, Location.

Congrats! sounds like a sweet score!

PS - Send the picture from your phone to yourself via email...then you can post the attachment. Make sure you hit UPLOAD when you post the attach to your post. hope this helps a bit...looking forward to seeing it. HH!

It might be beginners luck, but that's an awesome find. There are seasoned hunters who have never found anything that old and that cool!:cool: Congrats and welcome to the forum!!

Holy smokes that's a nice find! The seasoned guys on here don't even get those that often. Huge congrats and just think if that's there, then there has to be others! Congrats again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am a bit jealous that some of you guys live in a part of the country where you can just walk out your back door and BAM! get a great find like that!!
Congratz and Welcome to The Friendly!

Very nice recovery. Not beginner's luck my friend, your head is in the game. You took the the time to bench test, read the manual and think about what your machine was responding to. Hope you find many, many more!

What a great way to find out your machine works! Of course you know that you're hooked now and addicted to a great hobby. A big Congrats!!! Anything else you find this year is just gravy.

Back
Top Bottom