Tumblers

bigstemz

Banned
Curious of the brands you all use? I'm looking into purchasing one. Looking at lorTone and harbor freight vibratory tumblers

Jb post

Jb the sale ended October 31st,Bigstemz i used the lortone for year's,havn't tried the Chicago dual's yet but i did take advantage of the sale,it was a good deal,i hope they work, as well as the lortone,Earl

Attachments

• 20111102_1.JPG
    20111102_1.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 721
Ok new guy here so my question is what is it that you polish with this? Is it you finds like coins? Wouldn't it mess them up some by the stone sctatching them? I'm a new guy remember. I do see pictures of others finds and they seam to get the coins clean and I did wonder about how they did it. So any help on this would be great.

I use Dawn and a touch of Vinegar for all my clad and then tumble. Works great unless a penny slips in with my quarters, dimes, and nickels.:lol:

I use the Harbor Freight single barrel tumbler. You need to seperate your pennies from the other coins and do them seperate. I use some aquarium gravel and a squirt of dish soap, fill the barrel about 1/2 way with coins, cover with water, and set them to spin for about 6 hours. The gravel and the coins work against each other to take off the dirt and stains. Rinse and dry, then roll them up for a return to the bank. : ) I've used my tumbler for 2 seasons now with NO problems! It's more than earned it's keep.

I am just wondering if I would be able to see some of those tumbled coins....anyone....Thanks HH

Ive been thinking about picking up a Thumlers tumbler. I see the harbor freight is much cheaper, but I try to buy american everytime I have an opportunity - plus chinese quality is absolutely awful.

I have a Lortone and love it. Some people use the HF and have good luck. The problem with them (and all chinese junk) is that there is no quality control. You might get a good one, or you might get a piece of garbage... luck of the draw.

Okay, here's before and after of a batch of clad that I tumbled for 6 hours in my single barrel Harbor Freight tumbler. I use aquarium gravel and a squirt of liquid dish soap. If you run them longer, like for 10-12 hours, you will get even shinier coins. But this is good enough for me and my bank. : )

Attachments

• 100_1446.jpg
    100_1446.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 659
  • 100_1448.jpg
    100_1448.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 627
I have had a Hobby lobby rock polisher from when i was like 10 or 11 i use that with some fish tank gravel and soap on my zincolns and it works really good. :yes:

I'm not sure I understand. If the object is to deposit coin rolls at the bank why go to the expense of cleaning them? I didn't know they required clean coins. I get handed some nasty crudy ones as change all the time. Rare coins I can understanding wanting to clean up.

I'm not sure I understand. If the object is to deposit coin rolls at the bank why go to the expense of cleaning them? I didn't know they required clean coins. I get handed some nasty crudy ones as change all the time. Rare coins I can understanding wanting to clean up.

Many banks don't accept rolled coins. They either make you run them through a counter in the bank. Dirty, cruddy coins cause jams and malfunctions in thier machines. Bank don't like customers that break thier expensive machines.

Many banks don't accept rolled coins. They either make you run them through a counter in the bank. Dirty, cruddy coins cause jams and malfunctions in thier machines. Bank don't like customers that break thier expensive machines.

Thanks for explaining. I wasn't aware of that. My current credit union refuses to take large amounts of coins unless they are rolled and also your name and checking account # written on side of roll. It's interesting different banks have such opposite rules about accepting rolls.

dirty coins

i say dig em all and let uncle sam sort them out:lol:
i have a double barrel tumbler i have used one time but that was when i didnt have a garage and my wife is a stay at home mom.......the noise was more then she could handle :?:. but i have moved now and i will probably use it more via the man cave.

Back
Top Bottom