Harbor Freight Tumbler Belts

imalookin2

"In Memory Of"
Forum Supporter
Just bought the 3lb Harbor Freight tumbler. Just an FYI, they now come with extra belts. After hearing about the belts breaking this is good. Mine came with 5 extra belts. I should be good to go for a while. :D Just wanted to let the gang know if they are looking to buy.

Well, maybe if you clean off all that dust....Otherwise I think it is your imagination Mr Lions. :lol:

Last edited:
I have had mine for 3 yrs and it came with one extra belt and I still have it, never had a problem with mine.

Dig,

You have one of these to? Could you guys do me a favor and post some before and after pictures of the coins? I would like to have but not sure yet.

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 639
  • after1.jpg
    after1.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 528
  • after 2.jpg
    after 2.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 551
Holy cow digger, thos ethings are clean, okay i'll buy one and get aquarium gravel?

Small white aquarium gravel, (I used "natural" so I think that is why I get some of that dark toning), 1/3 full, a few drops of dish washing soap, coins, (separate the pennies from other clad), fill with water to cover.

I weigh the whole drum on a kitchen scale and don't go over 2 3/4-3lbs or you will break belts.

For my real dirty coins, and I dig some of the dirtiest, crustiest coins imaginable, 2 hours gets them spendable clean, 3 a little better, 4-6 gets them to what you see in the pics.

Some guys tumble longer.

Always use the 20% coupon from Harbor Freight, and a couple of times a year they have a super sale where they really drop prices and you can use the coupon on top of that.
Secthun8 got his double on a super deal at $36.

I have the double tumbler, usually about $90 with no discounts.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=62317

If you need the double then you have a LOT of luck finding nasty coins. :D I like my single but you will buy according to your needs.

I had the single and last year HF had the special and I got a double one for around $36 so now I can run a lot of coins in a short period of time.

I bought the single tumbler six months ago and it works great but I wish I would have bought the double because I could clean the coppers and the clad silvers at the same time. Now I have to do my coin laundry a load at a time. :no:

They give you five belts now???.... When I got mine it only came with one extra one.... I don't know if I even have that one anymore.

For a supper cheap way to ficx the belt problem you could use a rubber band. Only $1 at the dollar store. LOL

I have been using a wide rubber band that was around some produce in the market. Works well for several years now, Steve in so az

Back
Top Bottom