Detector Hard Case

mightyquinn

I'd like to buy a couple cases for our detectors (silver & compadre) and was wondering what folks use for a case (besides the bag type).

I'd like to have a case that would hold one unit per case in a broken down state, this way people don't mistake the detector for a long gun while I'm hiking into the woods etc.

A hard case of some sort would be ideal, this way they are protected while in the camper and home etc. I have young kids that are always putting things to the test like that old gorilla with the luggage comercial ;).

Any thoughts/ideas?

Pelican makes superb hard cases .... they are multi use.. I have one for my detector... it is a long one, so I do not have to break it down.. but they make all sizes... virtually indestructible. RickO

A while back we had a thread on custom making a hard case with an old piece of luggage and using either foam spray or cutting out pre-made block styrofoam.

Pelican Case?

Pelican makes superb hard cases .... they are multi use.. I have one for my detector... it is a long one, so I do not have to break it down.. but they make all sizes... virtually indestructible. RickO

Rick,

Did you buy the Pelican case on-line? I quickly visited their website and can't locate a dealer near.

Also, which model do you have?

Thanks,

I just bought a 21 inch long hard case for my DFX for my overseas trip I had to cancel. I keeping the case though. I checked the Pelican cases, checked ebay, did some research and came to the conclusion you can't beat the price of the cases made for your detector. They have the cut out foam made to the dimensions of your detector. The foam is laser cut in like 1 inch sections so you can modify the case.

Back
Top Bottom