Bounty Hunter's "Gold Digger" model....Please educate me!

tasunkawitko

My wife got it for me for my birthday yesterday - I know it's an entry/beginner model, but that's fine.

Any and all information from people who have used one would be helpful and appreciated - performance paramaters, useful tips, information on the settings, interpreting the meter - anything and everything would be great. I'm a complete newbie so please use small words! :no:

My thanks to all ~ from what I can see, most of where I live is "virgin territory," so who knows, maybe I'll find some interesting things, the MD will pay for itself, and I'll spend some great time with my kids!:cool:

Set up a test garden in your yard.

Put some Pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, halfs at different depths,
I used golf tees with numbers on them so I could tell which target was which object. also try some gold, silver, and also junk!!

the bench test is a good thing to do first. turn on put the machine on something wooden(no metal) and run each object by the coil and see what type of sounds the machine makes. also see if there is any digital output on a screen.

next thing is to try a park school its a good place to dig many different targets. make sure to fill your holes, and get permission for private land. follow all town rules, and state regulations.

good luck and happy hunting..

maybe try connecting with someone local (from the message board) who also detects. hunting with others helps the learning curve!!

Back
Top Bottom