Great day at the park! Silver, nickels, and a cool souvenir!

Denver Pete

Awesome day at the park: 2 silvers, 2 war nickels, 1 buffalo nickel, 9 wheaties, and a really cool souvenir. The war nickels rang up around 12-42 on the Etrac (around where you might see a copper penny). I pretty much always discriminate out nickels at the park (for obvious reasons) so it was definitely a nice surprise! I only got the buffalo because it was in the same hole as a wheat cent. The date is gone on the buffalo but I think I see a 7 on the front and an S on the back. The two silver dimes are in great shape. I only rinsed the dirt off with water, otherwise that's the condition I found them in. I think I'm most excited about the souvenir though. It says "Festival of Mountain and Plain - Denver." This was apparently an old festival that was held from 1895 to 1902 and then revived for a short time in 1912. There's no date on it but I'm hoping it's from the early days of the festival. I found it about 8 inches down. I grazed it with my shovel of course (could have been worse)! I'm going to try and find a local who might know more about it and its value. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• allfinds.jpg
    allfinds.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 185
  • buffalo.jpg
    buffalo.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 176
  • Silver1.jpg
    Silver1.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 188
  • silver2.jpg
    silver2.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 181
  • Souvenir.jpg
    Souvenir.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 181
KingTotsalot congratulates you on a great hunt! Nice variety of coins, silver is real nice, and that medallion is very cool! If you can find any historical pictures of it, it would be looking real cool in a shadow box mount!:D:D

Back
Top Bottom