Surface find that's hundreds of years old and it's a beauty!

Dan B.

Elite Member
I was walking through a field today trying to find an old home site. Came across this nice looking arrowhead. Kind of exciting knowing that I am the first person to touch this arrowhead since it had been lost.I am not sure the age of this but if you know please tell me. I finally found the home site did not find any coins yet. I did manage to find some marbles and this really cool padlock.
This is a strange year being the end of June and still able to field hunt.

Attachments

• IMG_20190623_214159.jpg
    IMG_20190623_214159.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 871
  • IMG_20190623_214121.jpg
    IMG_20190623_214121.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 818
  • IMG_20190623_214058.jpg
    IMG_20190623_214058.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 852
  • IMG_20190623_071739.jpg
    IMG_20190623_071739.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 803
That lock is awesome! Some can be rare, and valuable to collector's. Great eyeball finds, still looking for my first point, congrats!

I know what you mean about the arrowhead. I found one a few years ago on property owned by my employer. A survey was done on the property prior to construction and they found artifacts dating to before the time of Christ so I'm guessing that's when it was from.

Cliff

I know that feeling..I have a few arrowheads but that padlock is amazing and the marbles are just cool. Nice hunt!

Padlock is old and nice! Marbles are old and cool! That point is old and classic! It looks like the style of arrowhead most often used by artists for advertising, logos, etc. The design seems to fit in with points of the middle woodland period. This ranges from about 1500 to 2200 years ago! An expert might be able narrow that down some, but not much. Awesome, awesome, and awesome!

Nice arrowhead. The lock is cool as well as the marbles. Congrats on the finds.

HD

That point could be a few hundred to several thousand years old. I would contact a local museum as they would have more history of your area.

Cool finds! That's a good hunt without coins. :yes:

Yes it was a good hunt I enjoyed it thanks.

That lock is awesome! Some can be rare, and valuable to collector's. Great eyeball finds, still looking for my first point, congrats!
I'm glad you like the lock. Keep looking hopefully you find your point soon!

I know what you mean about the arrowhead. I found one a few years ago on property owned by my employer. A survey was done on the property prior to construction and they found artifacts dating to before the time of Christ so I'm guessing that's when it was from.

Cliff

The funny thing is my son and I was just talkin about arrowheads last weekend.

What Great finds. Finding an arrowhead can bring so many wonderful thoughts and excitement.
Thanks. I come across them every once in awhile well looking for old home sites.

I know that feeling..I have a few arrowheads but that padlock is amazing and the marbles are just cool. Nice hunt!
Yes the padlock is very cool. I enjoy finding the marbles laying on top of the ground. Colorful ones or clay ones are all nice to me.

Padlock is old and nice! Marbles are old and cool! That point is old and classic! It looks like the style of arrowhead most often used by artists for advertising, logos, etc. The design seems to fit in with points of the middle woodland period. This ranges from about 1500 to 2200 years ago! An expert might be able narrow that down some, but not much. Awesome, awesome, and awesome!
Thanks for the info. Yes the marbles are old. I never cared much for them when I was a kid but now I think they're pretty cool.

WOW, love that arrowhead!

Is a beauty!

That point could be a few hundred to several thousand years old. I would contact a local museum as they would have more history of your area.

As much as I like the arrowhead, I love the lock. Great job!

Thanks for taking time to read the post. The lock cleaned up nice with just a little water and a cuticle brush that I picked up from the auto parts store. I will have to have someone look at not only that arrowhead but a couple others that I have found in the past. Thanks once again.

Great finds! I found a similar lock last year, but yours looks like it could work.

Back
Top Bottom