Custom hard case for my Etrac. MUST SEE!

Awesome

That is awesome.
Ive been thinking about making a box for my Mxt.
That I can use on the 4 wheeler.
and possibly throw in a pannier, (for horse packin)
I was thinking of building out of wood, but the thought of a horse bangin up against a tree, well, I didnt figure wood would be strong enough.
I actually gave the Gfriends dad one of those tool boxes for Christmas 2 yaers ago, and heck yeah!
It looked and felt strong, and waterproof.
Thanks for posting , I think I'm going to follow your lead .
Thanks
Dusty

Very nice job on the box but I have to ask what kind of storage unit you have that things would roll around in? :?:

Stanley 028001L box, I think

I probably looked at this thread a dozen times, admiring inkspotslo's ingenuity and craftsmanship.

That looks like a very good storage/carry box for a MD.

I guess you could also use it to carry home your findings if you found a pirates treasure chest.

I think that the box is a Stanley 028001L.

I do not yet have one of these boxes, and I sure don't have any connection to the info posted below, but if you find it interesting, hope it helps.
Thanks,
John Morton

Here is the link to the Stanley site.

http://www.stanleytools.com/default...;+28"+Structural+Foam+Water+Resistant+Toolbox

028001L - FatMax® 28" Structural Foam Water Resistant Toolbox

Features and Benefits

Extra heavy duty, professional toolbox
Water seal makes toolbox water resistant
Ideal for carrying power tools, hand tools and medium to large items
Portable half tray allows room for storage of larger items
V-groove with ruler on top of lid holds materials such as lumber and pipes in place for cutting

Product Details

Height 11",294.64mm
Length 28",711.2mm
Width 12",320.04mm
Color black

Or just google the manufacturer and part number.

I also found it for sale on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-028001L-28-Inch-Structural-Toolbox/dp/B000KN470Q

Stanley 028001L 28-Inch Structural Foam Toolbox
by Stanley

List Price: $54.99
Price: $34.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details

Very well done! We did you buy the basic tool box?

Jim, Mobile, AL
Fisher F5, Cen-Tech Pinpointer

28" Fatmax

I know this is an old thread, but one of my local Wally Worlds has these very cases on for under $25 in a center isle, so I grabbed two of them :yes: You might want to check your local store if you're looking for a deal on one. Got mine at the Moncton, N.B. store. I don't know if this is a specific store deal or not.

That's pretty cool I took a Whites hard case that was made for an XLT and cut the foam a little so my V3i would fit. But looking at your creation I might consider putting my XLT back in it's box and make something like your box for my V3i. Nice !!

Awesome job! I'd love to see a parts list. My take this project on myself.

I dont know "Mrs. Neccesity", and I dont know why she named her kid "Invention" but she did. And thats a darn fine case. :lol:

Type of tool box

After getting my new used Etrac the thought of it rolling around in my storage unit, like my IDX Pro, was just not going to happen. I searched the web for a good deal on a Pelican hard case, but the cost of a new one of those would set me back almost 200 bucks. I knew at times the detector would stay in storage for 3-4 months at a time without being used. So I definitely wanted to be secure and water tight. Taking a different direction I came up with this solution to the problem. Let me know what you think.

Robert

Hi what type of toolbox is this

Years ago I had a hard case made for a detector by one of the detector companies. I don't remember which one. Fisher maybe. I never went anywhere to need it so I sold it. I guess i should have kept it.

Thats pretty sweet, I like it alot. Makes me think about doing something for the explorer. I had a some custom foam made for my Excal and that fit into a standard hard suit case for traveling.

Attachments

• excalcase.jpg
    excalcase.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 204
Back
Top Bottom