Has anybody been flying with your machine lately?

MarcS

I'm going on my (well deserved) vacation tomorrow, and I'm bringing my CTX. It's broken down as much as possible, wrapped up, and sitting in my carry-on bag. The lower rod didn't fit, so I bubble wrapped the !!!! out of it. Unfortunately, it doesn't fit in my suitcase either, so I'll try to carry it on as we'll. has anybody experienced any problems with the TSA lately? Any tips are greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

MS

They will probably want to open up your Cary-on. No big deal.
Make sure your Lesche is in your "checked" bag. :D

We'll see how it goes. I am a little nervous, since the last thing i want to do is to check the detector.
I'll give out an update once i'm back home.

so long,

MS

At pro

I have flown about 10 times with my PRO, even to Europe and back.
It breaks down nicely and I wrap it in my clean clothes so I have plenty of room and cushion.

Flew home from Denver last week, got the serious once over from TSA. They were nice about it- I declared it as soon as they pulled my bag aside. They had me take my pointer and the coil along with some extra batteries out of the bag and ran it all back through the X-ray machine. Leaving Sacto, never a hitch cruised right through. Guess it all depends on who is watching the camera, I am glad they are doing their job.

Yes

I recently flew from NC to NY and carried on and put under my seat, two control boxes and two coils. I verified with TSA they were ok to carry on at the airport, before trying to go through security. I put the shafts in my checked luggage. I did not ask if those would be ok to carry on. But every airport should have a courtesy TSA pre-check desk/area. Good luck and HH

I recently flew from NC to NY and carried on and put under my seat, two control boxes and two coils. I verified with TSA they were ok to carry on at the airport, before trying to go through security. I put the shafts in my checked luggage. I did not ask if those would be ok to carry on. But every airport should have a courtesy TSA pre-check desk/area. Good luck and HH
The lower rod is what I'm worried about, since it doesn't fit in the carry-on suitcase nor the checked one. I bubble wrapped it really good, I just hope they won't make me check it.

So I just went through the TSA screening here at Salt Lake airport, CTX with coils and pointer in my carry on, lower rod sticking about a foot and a half out of my bagpack. They didn't even make me open the bag, no questions, no nothing. Worried about nothing..
Sweet!

Thanks for your input!

MS

So I just went through the TSA screening here at Salt Lake airport, CTX with coils and pointer in my carry on, lower rod sticking about a foot and a half out of my bagpack. They didn't even make me open the bag, no questions, no nothing. Worried about nothing..
Sweet!

Thanks for your input!

MS

Good Hunting!!!

Awesome

Sweet!

Thanks for your input!

MS

Thanks for the update. I would never have thought they would allow the rods as part of carry on. Great info

I travel all over the US for work and have not taken my detector on the plane yet. I just box it up along with all my stuff and ship it to the office I am going to. :-) I have seen the baggage handlers out the plane window before and it was crazy how they throw and slam the bags around. I think Fed Ex or UPS will be much safer.

I travel all over the US for work and have not taken my detector on the plane yet. I just box it up along with all my stuff and ship it to the office I am going to. :-) I have seen the baggage handlers out the plane window before and it was crazy how they throw and slam the bags around. I think Fed Ex or UPS will be much safer.
That's why I had the entire machine in my carry-on luggage. I would avoid checking it unless there is absolutely no other way. But as I said, I had no problem what so ever, even when the lower rod poked out by 18".

Back
Top Bottom