• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Dry spell over?

banspy

Elite Member
So, it has been over a year since I found any silver coin (gold & silver jewelry...no problems) and I was starting to think that living out in Vegas it just wasnt going to happen.

About two weeks ago I was hunting my little honey hole school and just before dark I completed a row that I thought I had worked over before and got the call to dig. So about 5" into the hole, there it was, shiny and just as sharp as the day it was minted...

...a 64' Washington!!!!!!!

On the way back to the car, I was swinging and found another silver, looked like a kids mood ring but after getting it home, I could see it was .925!

So thank you gods of silver, hopefully the drought is over!

Congrats on those nice silver finds. Never give up! Hopefully you won't have to go as long till your next good target. Good Luck on future hunts. : )

Wow....that quarter has been rubbed with some Scotchbrite or something!! :lol: talk about hairline scratches!!

good job on the silver though!

Wow....that quarter has been rubbed with some Scotchbrite or something!! :lol: talk about hairline scratches!!

good job on the silver though!

It came out just as bright as you see but the scratches could have been caused by myself when I took a small brass brush to clean the small particles of dirt from the faces and reeds. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom