Tesoro Eldorado 'Umax'

Fish N Chips

Well I decided to upgrade my Tesoro Silver Umax to a manual ground balance machine for hunting mineralized soil in the desert and in northern California where my folks live. After a lot of research I just ordered a used Tesoro Eldorado in the Umax style housing. The older Tesoros really have a following and I read some great reviews on this machine. I read this was the pre-curser to the Vaquero. It is reported to work very well and get really good depth in mineralized soil. Probably not as deep as the Vaquero but close. The ED180 discrimination should work well for relic hunting.

I liked that is has a similar layout and audio response to my Silver Umax. I was not fond of the Vaquero's lower audio. Likely as I was not used to it. I find my Umax really talks to me, so this should reduce the learning curve on the new machine.

I am planning to use the Eldorado for coins and relics. I have some old mining camps around me I want to try, and some ghost town hunting in the desert. I know of some old cabin sites just waiting for me.

I am excited to receive the detector and see what it can do! My Silver Umax will make a good backup and loaner.

Thanks guys, the detector is on its way and should be here Tuesday! I can hardly wait. I stumbled across an old deer hunters camp the other day, the area has been shut down since the 1940's, so may be good. I was going to take my Silver Umax, but it will be a good trial for the Eldorado! I am sure I will find lots of tin cans ;)

You're going to really love the Eldorado. It has a sweet audio response and it has a couple of more inched in depth over the Silver µMax. The all metal mode is awesome. It is loaded with info to the trained ear.

Good Luck!

beephead

I will definitely have to look into this machine! So you would definitely recommend it for prospecting say the Nevada desert mining town areas like Goldfield Nevad? That is where I go every summer and know many locals I go out with

Best Tesoro that I have ever owned. Unfortunately lost to a fire and they no longer produce. Rarely do you find any used Tesoro's for sale ):

I will definitely have to look into this machine! So you would definitely recommend it for prospecting say the Nevada desert mining town areas like Goldfield Nevad? That is where I go every summer and know many locals I go out with

There are much better choices for prospecting. If you want a Tesoro, look for a Lobo ST or if you could find the elusive beast, a Diablo umax.

Back
Top Bottom