Are These 3-Cent Coins?

Martin_V3i

Elite Member
I have an array of coins my mother left when she passed away, strewn in a cigar box and these were scrutinized in the family gathering this week at random. It appears that they might be worth as much as $300 depending on whether they are silver or nickel. I suspect thay are nickel. Whatch y'all think? martin

Attachments

• 3-cents-Face.jpg
    3-cents-Face.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 327
  • 3-cents-Back.jpg
    3-cents-Back.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 320
Info straight from the red book...
"1.94 grams Composition: .750 copper, .250 Nickel"

Both in a G-4 is around $18 each from redbook values... im no grader but from the explaination of the scale in the book id say that the two are G-VG(with exception of the hole)valued between 18 and 20 bucks!

Info straight from the red book...
"1.94 grams Composition: .750 copper, .250 Nickel"

Both in a G-4 is around $18 each from redbook values... im no grader but from the explaination of the scale in the book id say that the two are G-VG(with exception of the hole)valued between 18 and 20 bucks!

Yea, the hole p!ssed off my brother too. My detector VDI-d far less than silver so I assumed that we had nickel. I am new to this though. I have lots to learn. martin

Yea, the hole p!ssed off my brother too. My detector VDI-d far less than silver so I assumed that we had nickel. I am new to this though. I have lots to learn. martin

If you are going through a bunch of coins or you need the value of coins a lot i reccomend picking up the "red book" its a HUGE help when looking up coins. Even though i dont know how to grade a coin it gives me a ballpark for values and composition of american coins! You can find them for about 12-15 bucks at a coin store or on ebay.

The one I found read as a nickel. A solid +18 vdi on the VX3. As previously stated, pick up a redbook of US coins.

A very hard coin to find unless hunting with very little discrimination.

I woulda probably passed on the dig had I detected these in a hunt, thinking it was foil. I can really appreciate those here who actually find such coins with a detector. martin

Back
Top Bottom