• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Property line questions, township land?

Ace-400, I won't go into the fed and "game land" stuff you allude to for PA. But for PA state parks, .... I just reviewed the FMDAC citation for PA. Click on your state on that list. And .... the reading appears as you have cited here: That you must ask and get their location-by-location say-so. Right ?

Ok, here's a challenge for you: Above that text seen on that FMDAC list: click on the link you'll see above . That will take you straight to the actual PA state park's website, rules, laws, etc.... And navigating that, you should be able to find the actual rules for their state parks. Eg.: dogs on leash, no fireworks, permits available, cost of camping sites, etc... Right ?

Ok, now study that. And see if you actually find anything there that truly says "md'ing by permission at each kiosk you come to " type conclusion. There should be a key-word search function there, so you can try variations of "metal" + "detectors" etc....

The reason I say this, is that the "commentary" that you read, is someone answering someone else's inquiry. Ie.: whoever's compiling that FMDAC list sends out 50 letters to each state asking "what are the rules regarding md'ing". Someone answers back , taking the "safe answer" route, and says "inquire at each kiosk" type answer. But when reading their actual state park rules, ... NO WHERE does it actually say that.

Perhaps for PA it does. But just saying, don't confuse "commentary" with actual laws/rules.

I honestly have no idea what you're getting at here. None of that makes any sense. If you would like me to send you a copy of the State Park rules that were sent to me with my permit for FWSP I would be more than happy to.
I have to say, I'm finding your assumptions of my ignorance increasingly insulting as this conversation progresses. I spent 23 years working for the government, I have a pretty good idea of how their rules work and how to find out exactly what those rules are. You can't break them or skate them until you know what they are.

...I was referring to the county run parks. Made it pretty clear I've been MDing (with written permission) in the state parks within Montgomery county. I have also been hitting the municipal parks, ....

I had initially responded to your first post, which just said "county". And I thought you were referring to .... everything in your county. Then I think we "jinxed" each other (posting at the same time), before I read your addition that you hunt other forms of land (and didn't have the mis-perception I was thinking you had). Ok, now we're clear.

I honestly have no idea what you're getting at here. ...

As I said, perhaps PA state parks does have something in their rules. But was also pointing out, that a lot of people who get the "ask at each kiosk" notion, get it from having read it on something that was actually nothing but someone's commentary. Yet not actually written or codified anywhere.

Example: there can be people who ask at a city hall, and get a "no". And that "no" can be in a nice written letter. Or the letter could say "yes if the attendant on duty says so", or whatever. Yet in such cases, it's often just some PR person answering the question, yet ... when you look deeper, nothing actually says "with permission".

But sure: Perhaps PA is truly "with an actual permit system" or whatever. Sorry , just didn't have time to dig into PA's website myself, so was just suggesting that if you'd gone off the FMDAC state by state list, that sometimes some people in some states dig deeper, and find it to be unfounded. I did not mean to insult you. As I said, we "jinxed" each other and typed at the same time.

"As I went walking I saw a sign there
And on the sign it said 'No Trespassing.'
But on the other side it didn't say nothing,
That side was made for you and me."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom