Tesoro owner??? Urgent!!!

chopz54

Are there any Tesoro owners online now? What kind of mounting screw should I have for my coil on my Eldorado U-max ( prob- all the same )
Mine has a steel one! Is this right?? Or dont it matter ? Need to know pretty soon. Thought it would be a plastic one. ( might have to postpone my trip today till I can get/find something that will do )

ANY IDEAS?????????? Chop

Panic over. Just found a site with replacement screws, and low and behold

they are steel!! still puzzles me though, unless theres some kind of shielding

for it on the top of the coil?? Still like to know ???

Regards Chop

Is it a motion detector? If so the screw should always be in the same place in relation to the coil, and therefore not affect it. At least that's my guess.

Is it a motion detector? If so the screw should always be in the same place in relation to the coil, and therefore not affect it. At least that's my guess.

No its not a motion machine. Could understand that theory if it were though. Thanks Chop

If in a bind and in a hurry you can go to a hardware store and get one of the plastic bolts and plastic nuts that comes with them for toilet seat covers. They fit great for White's & Garretts might have to drill out the coil holes some on other brands. Hey we have to do what we have to do. Steve.

I have never try it before but if you are in a hurry and need a temporary solution, I would have used plastic cable ties. I agree with SkiWhiz, there are good plastic bolts and nut for toilet seats that can be use for the coils.

Attachments

• extra_heavy_duty_large.jpg
    extra_heavy_duty_large.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 718
  • tefzel_ties_big.jpg
    tefzel_ties_big.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 711
My Vaquero has a nylon or plastic bolt. I actually may need to get the replacement, because my serial number indicates that I have the old, thinner bolt.

-- Tom

My Vaquero has a nylon or plastic bolt. I actually may need to get the replacement, because my serial number indicates that I have the old, thinner bolt.

-- Tom

As you probably know - you can email or call Tesoro and they will send you out a replacement bolt & nut for free. A great company that takes care of their customers. Steve.

I have three Tesoros, all have a plastic bolt. I don't have an Eldorado though. I got the new bolt for my Tejon, it is a big improvement.

I just got a Tejon. It came with a Stainless Steel bolt. Tested the machine in my coin garden, removed the bolt and put a nylon tywrap on. There was no difference in performance or operation between the two.

Tesoro will send you a free plastic bolt if you email them. I just got 2 of them in the mail last week. They are 1/4 in so I had to drill some coil and shafts a little bigger. That is what came on new Cortes. Just updated a couple older machines. Now all my coils are easy to swap out.

Why do you keep digging up 7 year old threads?

You read it....I guess I could ask you why you were interested in seeing what the post was about?

Why are you reading and replying to 7 year old posts? Does a post lose it's value once it has been dormant for a certain period of time?

I believe there was some useful information on the post's I "dug up" as you call it.

Have a great day!:cool12:

LittleJohn

Back
Top Bottom