Cashing in Gold Wichita, KS-Update

indigloindiglo

Hey Guys I have used heartland coin before in Wichita for some very small gold cash ins but I will not consider them anymore. I took in a bracelet and ring 14.6 grams of 14K. I was offered only $330 plus $10 for gas. Looking at a calculator the total should be closer to $460. That is right around 25% they are possibly cashing in for themselves.

Long story short my gold is going to ARAGold.com will update with those results but 2% should leave me around $445 minus shipping. ARA likes registered mail and the only place I found the correct paper tape was from box central at west st and douglas. Good luck to all, just goes to show make sure you know what your metal is worth.

Hey Guys I have used heartland coin before in Wichita for some very small gold cash ins but I will not consider them anymore. I took in a bracelet and ring 14.6 grams of 14K. I was offered only $330 plus $10 for gas. Looking at a calculator the total should be closer to $460. That is right around 25% they are possibly cashing in for themselves.

Long story short my gold is going to ARAGold.com will update with those results but 2% should leave me around $445 minus shipping. ARA likes registered mail and the only place I found the correct paper tape was from box central at west st and douglas. Good luck to all, just goes to show make sure you know what your metal is worth.

Thanks for the lead! Appreciate it!

Update

Hey guys wanted to give an update on my gold sell experience. I used ara new customer not a business.

Mailed registered mail 8-23-12
Confirmed delivered 8-27-12

Waited all week nervous about sending in my 14g of 14k Finally called Friday was told my shipment was to be processed the next Tuesday, so over a week but in fairness the site says depending on volume.

Went on vacation a week expecting a check in the mailbox, so I call again on
9-10-12 when nothing arrived. They tell me the settlement and are surprised I haven't received the check so they track it and it is in Nashville. !!! they are in Dallas I'm in Wichita, KS only a 5 hour drive and nowhere near Nashville. Wait Wait and today 9-13-12 I finally got my check for $413.34

It sold at $1696/oz and I calculated it would have been about $445 so all in all I'm happy with $413 little less than the 98% but I believe it is in the way it is refined, still much better than my local coin store who wanted it for $330. So my advice is plan to wait if they are busy but everytime I called they knew what step it was in and some idea of where the check was.

You have to remember that the people buying for 25% are running a business and they have people/bills to pay also. 25% isn't that bad considering pawn shops will pay you less than 50%. Some less.

BUT...

When you can sell to ARA its way better than any local place unless there paying around that price minus shipping. I have dealt with ARA about 4-5 times with awesome results.. Highly recommended.

Congrats on your money..

Will be very interested in seeing some of the responses on this. Lotta people in Wichita swear by Heartland.

Thanks for the information! I sold a few gold rings to a local jewler several years back didn't get anywhere near melt. Now days I just keep them told the kids to sell them after I'm gone.

I was just checking out the ARAgold site in Dallas, TX (I think that's the same place) and they said they won't deal with general public, stating they need a Tax ID number or EIN, I assume from a business or something.

How to go about dealing with that?

I was just checking out the ARAgold site in Dallas, TX (I think that's the same place) and they said they won't deal with general public, stating they need a Tax ID number or EIN, I assume from a business or something.

How to go about dealing with that?

Use the search function on the forum.... "ARA GOLD" got me all this...
http://metaldetectingforum.com/search.php?searchid=5412199

Almost anything you want to ask has usually been asked before.
Your answer is in this one.
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=125871

Back
Top Bottom