First for me

woodbutcher

Forum Supporter
Nah,I’ve found plenty of clad quarters..But not green ones..I dug the first one,it was really deep like the others,,like 9 inches..Anyhow when it came out of that massive hole and I saw the size of it and the solid green color I thought yea,large cent or possibly my first 2 cent piece....Nope,just a deep green clad quarter..Same with the rest of them,all very very deep and green..Hunted a old ballfield for about 45 min and wrapped it up with some clad...My first green clad quarters tho..

Attachments

• 471CE21F-9732-4B0A-AFA2-3056674545BD.jpg
    471CE21F-9732-4B0A-AFA2-3056674545BD.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 251
I've dug green clad like that too. The soil around my parts is not nice to clad that's been in the ground a while.

Better

Luck next time on the silver Woody, sometime's it take more than 45 minute's :cool3: PS plenty Green quarter's here at the beach at 10 inches in the wet.

Older buried clad quarter here in my soil are red in color not green. Same with clad dimes and clad nickels( non war nickel).

Nice going Woody. All of them could have been silver st that depth.

I've dug a few green ones but for most part because of the deep moisture in the loam here in Wisconsin the deep clad turns red. Pete those coins were easily deep enough to have been Silver. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom