Equinox 800 and the CTX

louie088

Elite Member
Hi,
Long time user of the CTX 3030 and am looking to purchase a NOX 800.
I plan on using it at sights i have hit hard with my CTX. Are there any CTX users out there that would consider the NOX 800 as a good machine for that?
Thanks

Yessir. I've had some luck picking out targets at spots I had hit in the past with the 3030. Mostly lower conductors. As long as you go slow, the CTX doesn't miss much silver IMHO. I like to use the Nox for relics and extremely trashy/iron infested spots just to eek out any tough targets. For general coinshooting I still prefer the 3030.

I hunt with the CTX 3030 as i dont own an equinox 800. My buddy however does and I use it a bit to see if there is much that I miss and so far I havent really found too much.

That being said, I also own the 6in coil for the ctx that I prefer to use in the extreme trash.

I haven't really felt the need to upgrade and the id stability seems less to me on the equinox over the ctx

Hi,
Long time user of the CTX 3030 and am looking to purchase a NOX 800.
I plan on using it at sights i have hit hard with my CTX. Are there any CTX users out there that would consider the NOX 800 as a good machine for that?
Thanks

Have owned and run both loads.
Summary.
Silver and copper = CTX
Cherry picking nickels in sites with little iron = CTX
Cherry picking nickels in sites with iron = Equinox.

IH coins a close tie.

Both can find nickels and both can find copper and silver.
Equinox allows faster hunting generally. And by doing user could indeed miss something like a silver coin where a CTX runner coming behind May snag.

Selective digging of medium and lower conductors based solely on ID innsites with iron = Equinox.

In super high mineral ground all detecting = Equinox

Huge price difference between CTX and EQx either model.
Will a user find twice as much using CTX vs EQX?
Buy both and find out.
I already have.
I’m not telling.

Have owned and run both loads.
Summary.
Silver and copper = CTX
Cherry picking nickels in sites with little iron = CTX
Cherry picking nickels in sites with iron = Equinox.

IH coins a close tie.

Both can find nickels and both can find copper and silver.
Equinox allows faster hunting generally. And by doing user could indeed miss something like a silver coin where a CTX runner coming behind May snag.

Selective digging of medium and lower conductors based solely on ID innsites with iron = Equinox.

In super high mineral ground all detecting = Equinox

Huge price difference between CTX and EQx either model.
Will a user find twice as much using CTX vs EQX?
Buy both and find out.
I already have.
I’m not telling.

From what I’ve seen so far this is about as accurate as it gets. We have to remember also...the EQ has only been out a limited time,ALL machines have to have time (ALOT of time!) to truly understand those little quirks and “nuances” (I actually hate that word but I can’t think of a different one right now). Think of how long it took Explorer users to get into EVERY nook and cranny of those machines to figure out things about them...same here. Although I haven’t found much of anything behind my CTX,the 800 will certainly find coins,that’s not my issue. The CTX just hadn’t missed much to speak of,but I’ve worked these places extensively,it’s really no surprise.
To the OP...it’s not going to magically make coins appear,especially if you are a very proficient CTX-er. But it has certain things which may indeed prove beneficial,one of my biggest enemies is EMI. Using the selectable single freqs, this can be dealt with effectively at times...more so than simply noise cancelling the CTX which rarely does anything for me. If I have to turn Sens down to 12 to have ANY stability on ANY machine...I ain’t digging those 7-10” coins,which is where I find most old coins! So,there are advantages(price,weight,fast,freqs,etc). I’m sure it will have its uses,like any other tool.

CTX is definitely deeper...but the nox for ligjt weight and lightning seperation....hell yeah

Matt

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

My ctx is just collecting dust since I started using 800. I have found loads of wheats and silver in areas I pounded with etrac and ctx. I do dig more junk with my equinox but I find many masked targets as well. My trash to good target ratio continues to improve the more I use the nox as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom