Dime trifecta today puts me at 90 silvers FTY.

Waveoff

Elite Member
I woke up today to the sound of rain and figured it'd be a good day to go back to sleep for a bit and then do some things around the house after I woke up again. When I woke back up it was sunny and gorgeous out. There was a text from my buddy saying they were heading to the old pounded park to do some digging. My chores were put on hold and I decided to go out for a couple of hours. I'm glad I went! I found two buffaloes, some old wheats, a religious medal and a nice 1915 Barber dime. I also got to meet a fellow detectorist I had not met before. So if you see this Jake, nice to have met you!:D

I wrapped it up and headed home to let the dog out and hopefully hang out with my kids. No one was home yet so I ate some lunch and went to my honey hole to get a quick hunt in before the rain came back. I managed to find some more wheats, another religious medal, along with a Rosie and a Merc which gave me the trifecta for the day and pushed me up to 90 silvers FTY.

Thanks for looking and HH!:D

xrECq9J.jpg

Great finds!!!! 90 FTY already is insane!!! You’ve found more silvers already then I’ll find all year!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great finds!!!! 90 FTY already is insane!!! You’ve found more silvers already then I’ll find all year!!!

Thanks Vic! I've been super lucky this year having found a virgin park spot. In fact, the Rosie and Merc are silvers #49 & #50 this year from the honey hole.

Thanks Vic! I've been super lucky this year having found a virgin park spot. In fact, the Rosie and Merc are silvers #49 & #50 this year from the honey hole.

I can’t imagine not having to drive around for hours looking for a house to possibly get a yes in hopes of finding a silver or two. To be able to know that you can hop in the car and go to a park and find silver is a luxury I can only dream of

Congrats Fred on the Dime Trifecta. I must have missed a report as you were at 78 when I last seen anything. Regardless I still have not reached half way mark to your year total. Trapper

I can’t imagine not having to drive around for hours looking for a house to possibly get a yes in hopes of finding a silver or two. To be able to know that you can hop in the car and go to a park and find silver is a luxury I can only dream of

Luckily it's pretty metropolitan where I live and there's some good public ground we have access to. I love hitting old houses but I've been striking out on the door knocking front lately. It's frustrating!

Congrats Fred on the Dime Trifecta. I must have missed a report as you were at 78 when I last seen anything. Regardless I still have not reached half way mark to your year total. Trapper

Thank you Trapper! I haven't been posting my finds from each hunt like I should. I was actually thinking of doing what you do and posting cumulative finds from the past few hunts in one post. I'm sure you'll pass me up soon enough!

Here's the pics from the last couple of hunts after my last thread where I had reached 77 FTY...

l9WEGna.jpg

jPOhPye.jpg

Nice finds.
You are on track for a good silver count year.
Congrats.

Thank you TNSS! Finding lots of silver has been fun but I'm hungry for some of that old silver you've been finding.

Man are you ever on fire,way to represent.lol..I could see you hitting a easy 300 at that rate,,Congrats !

Thanks Pete! 300 is a pipe dream for me.:lol: I'll be happy with my goal of 100 FTY!

Dang! That merc went through the gauntlet,ringer,grinder!

That Merc is totally destroyed but kind of interesting. A lot of the silvers in this park come out in dirt balls that still have old grass encasing the coins. The blades of grass left imprints on the silver like a fossil impression. So weird! Here's what it looked like fresh out of the ground.

NnFci1B.jpg

Another fine day Fred, multiple silver hunts has become the norm for you. You are on par for a record year. Congrats. If you still interested in trying the 6in. let me know. HH Mark

Another fine day Fred, multiple silver hunts has become the norm for you. You are on par for a record year. Congrats. If you still interested in trying the 6in. let me know. HH Mark

Thank you Mark! I apologize for not getting a hold of you this past week like I said I would. It was a hectic week running my mother to her last couple of treatments (for now) and then playing catch up with things that work interfered with. Any hunting I did was a quick, spur of the moment type of outing. One of these days I'll get a full day of hunting in. Perhaps tomorrow we could get together for a bit? I'll be in touch!

Hey Fred! Way to go on the trifecta! It was nice to finally meet you and put a face to the guy that is killing all the silvers this year!! Happy hunting and hope to meet up again.

Hey Fred! Way to go on the trifecta! It was nice to finally meet you and put a face to the guy that is killing all the silvers this year!! Happy hunting and hope to meet up again.

Thank you! It was nice meeting you as well Dr. Jake! Hopefully we can meet up again sometime. In the meantime, good luck to you and happy hunting.:D

Back
Top Bottom