Seeking Information On The Bounty HunterPioneer 503

sannsew

I'm looking at possibly buying the pioneer 503, which was recommended by a salesperson at Kellyco, for use on the beaches here in Jersey and was wondering if anyone has any experience with this machine that they could share.

Just remember the BH's are sensitive and adjust the discrimination accordingly. Some people say they go crazy in the sand, but they didn't realize how to adjust the detector. Overall to me, the 503 is good.

I personally use BH pioneer 505, i dont know anything about the 503, but from what i have read, the main difference between the 503 and 505 is that the 505 has the "no motion-all metal" mode (AKA Pin point). this is a feature that i dont think i could live without. if you are seriously concidering a BH pioneer series, i suggest the 505. now as for beach hunting, i have not had much luck hunting beaches with my 505, i dont think it liked the mineralization in the sand, but, to be honest, i probably didnt adjust the discrimination properly. i usually stick with parks and schools and my 505 works fantastic for that.

Thanks for the info guys, guess I'll be making the call and getting a new machine:)

Back
Top Bottom