• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Did anybody else have a D-TEX md

orchardman

Way back in the early 70's my first md was a D-TEX. I am curious if anybody else had one and how well it worked for You?

detectors of yesteryear...

I'm not sure if anyone has the D-Tex you might be talking about and still using it. I know I have a White's 2900/D and I plan to put it in shadow box with some other things to make "wall art". BTW, anyone have an old 1970's White's catalog in your store room or attic? I use to have one but I can't find it. Wife probably threw it out long ago.
Dusty Eagle

I had most of the older U.S. detectors for the good reason we didn't have many back then.

I can't remember which version I had but it can with both a stock coil and a free large coil. Would have been a IB/TR and it worked well for the time at a lower price than many ie Goldak, Rayscope etc. Fisher and Whites were in business but they didn't seem to work their way over for some reason. One machine that did that also had a huge coil was from Gardiner Electronics in Phoenix. I think D-Texas were from Garland, Texas.

I have a D-TEX Coin King with original manual, still works great!

I bought a D-tex MD at an auction years ago. It was my first detector and all I ever used it for was to find lost arrows. Worked fine, and I imagine it still would.

I still have my old Dtex Money King (should have been called Clad King) she loved rings. She is a 15 Khz.. She was put out to pasture many moons ago, poor girl. She was my 2 metal detector.

Back
Top Bottom