A Sterling Day

roadrunner_426

Elite Member
Lit out Sat. morning before day to drive up to my brother's and hit a couple of out of town tot lots along the way..got to the first one just as the sun was coming up and saw there was a police car parked right beside it..nothing like getting the dope on a place straight from the horse's mouth, so I walked over with my detector and asked if there was any problem with my having a go at the sand...he said there was no law against it as far as he knew, so I switched on the Ace..found a few coins, some pull tabs, and a nice 925 cross..after I'd been there a few minutes, I saw why the cop was around..interesting assortment of characters patronizing that park at daybreak on a Sat. morning...got to my second lot around 9 o'clock, searched the areas right around the swings and equipment, and came up with several quarters and the usual pennies...a group had reserved the picnic shelter for a cookout and I could tell some of the folks setting up things were ready for me to depart their reseved area...but figuring they couldn't have reserved the tot lot itself, I decided to be my usual obstinate self and do a systematic search of the woodchip area since I was already there...out away rom the equipment I found a few more quarters, a 925 earring, a 925 "ar"( maybe someone's initials), and a cross stamped 10k GF..before today I had one sterling find for the season, and this morning turned up three...that's the way this hobby goes sometimes...nothing worth a second look for 6 months and then you hit two real keepers in the same hole....anyway, it was nice to find something other than clad and what a beautiful day to hunt . Roadrunner_426

Sounds like you had a good morning! I would be careful of used needles and "stuff" if the area has a lot of uses other than kids though! :(

Isn't it nice to have days like that. Too bad they seem to be few and far between sometimes. Congrats on the silver roadrunner. I hope your luck continues.

WTG on the digs ! Maybe keep a record of those places for a return eventually. Love that silver, steve in so az

Thanks for the comments..Steve, I'll definitely be returning to both sites on my next trip..I'd been eyeing that first lot for months , but it was always crawling with kids and adults every time I went by...I'll have to make it a daybreak hunt site..Spitfire, I hadn't thought about it, but I expect you make a good point, especially about that first park..to tell the truth, might not be a bad idea to stick the .380 in my coat pocket..would definitely ruin my day to get mugged and have my detector stolen if my cop buddy doesn't show up next trip... HH Roadrunner_426

Back
Top Bottom