Is the Mojave the latest "flavor of the month"?

alkazoo

Hi forum!! Reading this forum and others (this being my most favorite of course!!:D, its nice to keep up on the latest trends, detectors, gear etc. I am now reading and sensing a lot of excitment on Tesoros latest the Mojave. Is this the newest "must add to my collection" machine? Does it do anything that my ATpro or Etrac doesnt? I jumped on the ATPro bandwagon back in 2011 or so when they were the latest/greatest must have machine, no regrets. I since went to a etrac which im still learning after only a year. I owned a Tesoro Toltec 100 a century ago (man that was a heavy machine, remember those?).. Anyway,i dont collect detectors but dont want to miss out on a must have if need be.lol...thanks

Warning..........swinging a Mojave can be additive and if it was any more fun to use, it would be illegal.

I own a AT Pro and once I tested it against my new Mojave I knew that I would never ever again be using my AT Pro at nail infested sites. It's better suited for water and standing in the rain use.

There are a lot of good detectors out there, but everyone should have a Mojave in their detector arsenal.

beephead

Plus, if you've been keeping up on the threads, it's the only detector I know of that can find warm homemade cookies.

It had been many years since Tesoro made something new for people to froth over. I don't consider the Outlaw as something new because it was a rebranding of a beloved model in the Bandido2 micromax of old basically. The Mojave on the day it was announced I called Tabman/beephead and we discussed the specs on it and we both immediately called Rusty and ordered them. For many years people had been modifying their Compadres with sensitivity mods and removable coils and this new machine was basically a beefed up Compadre according to its specs. If you are not familiar with the Compadre it gathered a cult following over the years because it was a simple turn on and go machine that performed better than many machines several hundred dollars more expensive. Will the Mojave perform better than your etrac in parks and old lawns searching for old deep coins? No it will not. Will it perform better than the at pro? Depends on the scenario and location you are hunting. In my terrible soil the at pro and Mojave get about the same depth. What the Mojave does offer over your two machines is a much lighter weight, turn on, set the disc and dig treasure, having lots of fun, while becoming addictive, blast of a machine. Just give I n and buy one, you know you want to and join the congregation.

Haven't been in the hobby long enough to take notice of the trends and fads yet....but if the Mojave is a "flavor of the month", it sure is a tasty flavor! :lol:

I'm hooked.

At that price point, it may last a whole lot longer than a month.......

The Mojave may even be a bigger seller than the Compadre and Silver µMax combined. I've seen firsthand what this detector is capable of doing and I love it.

The price point is a key factor, but its simplicity, ease of use and it being flat out fun to use also will play a big part in its popularity for a long time to come.

beephead

Attachments

• teoero.jpeg
    teoero.jpeg
    17 KB · Views: 230
  • tesoero1.jpeg
    tesoero1.jpeg
    56.4 KB · Views: 241
Have mine all ready I just need a good day to give it a test run but looks like it will be a lot of fun for sure!!

A Tesoro will find more than a Etrac because you'll dig more signals the Etrac would either null on or just not hit at all.In clean ground a FBs might have a advantage,and I do like them.But like and finds are two different things,and I find way more cool stuff with a single frequency machine.jmo

Last edited:
A 33% greater chance of neighbor dogs hating you when you own a Mojave because you're given permission to dig in yards, where they are not allowed to.:digginahole:

Back
Top Bottom